PDA

View Full Version : air shocks

Warlock
04-11-2002, 02:50 AM
Does anyone have air shocks on their van and if so, what kind? I'm seriously considering putting air shocks all the way around my van.

joyrde
04-11-2002, 07:25 PM
I am re-restoring my '67 GMC 108", while the air shocks for the van are no longer available, Air shocks for '70 & up are almost identical. They are 0.50" shorter & the bottom "through-spacer has to ground down about 0.5" on each side. They are in & workoing great.

The NAPA number is MA 752

if you would like to see our project:
http://van2go0.tripod.com/futuretravel.html

I would strongly advise against installing air shocks on the front. If for some reason either one or both suddenly loose pressure, especially on the interstate or in a bend, the van could flip. . .at the very least it could get real dicey.

Joyrde.[/B]

pat69chevan
04-11-2002, 09:04 PM
hey joyrde, your project page is great!!!! i live in st louis mo. so i am really familiar with rte 66 here. your pics make me want to hit the road.

later

pat

joyrde
04-16-2002, 07:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pat69chevan:
Thanks. The trip last Summer was one of the best EVER!!!! I would recommend all or part to anyone. Did you see the Missouri Route 66 Page??? Missouri . . . beginning at the Chain of Rocks Bridge through Hooker's Cut, Devil's Elbow. . all the way to Kansas was GREAT!!!

Although travelling in the Coupe was a lot of fun, the next trip will be in the '67 GMC towing the camper.

John<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>