PDA

View Full Version : Some Van Ideas

gotavan
02-22-2002, 07:08 PM
I know this early isn't a Chevy, but I thought it has a couple neat features that could be used on GM vans. I like the gas filler, my vans are all bad in this area. Also dig the roll bar, chopped top,spoiler,custom bumpers. I don't like the rear fender flares. http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1075367276&r=0&t=0&showTutorial=0&ed=1014595150&indexURL=0&rd=1

------------------
gotavan

leadfoot
02-22-2002, 07:54 PM
that is a cool gas filler
saw one like that on a hahahonda
won't be anyone stealin his gas cap
and it looks kind of like an airplane filler

once saw a monte (green primer) with little helicopter labels all over it <air flow <caution <air force <pull in case of emergency <all windows and doors must be closed beyond 140 mph etc....

not a real mopar fan
but that is some cool bodywork on it, alot of labor time there-thats what i like to see-
360! but still drums all around -bring a parachute~ it still looks like fun~
nice van when completed
VAN~ON~

bellvan
02-22-2002, 08:14 PM
is it just me/my comp.or does the paint job on the thing look wierd (kinda stripey)
maby its sposed to look that way.maby im just too tierd from a long day at work(scratch that....im definatly tierd )looks like a bunch of trash in the back for a $6000 van....he he he my obnoxious coment for the day.
yea the things got some cool ideas,let the creativity begin
take care
Rusty

solid side 65
02-22-2002, 08:49 PM
like the roll bar, good idea with a chop and a V8. nice bodywork and overall effort too bad the owner couldn't finish it. interior paint has more depth and gloss than the outside, maybe it was stored outside. i see what looks like a couple of runs by the gas filler and the LR wheel cylinder looks like it's leaking. looks like a nice project with most of the heavy work already completed. if i didn't have an early chev van, i would take a dodge over an early ford.

pat69chevan
02-22-2002, 09:28 PM
not much of a dodge vanor ford van fan, but i would have to say that i respect them and respect their owners. i like the dodge a-100 that has the truck bed style to it, and i like the ford for its grill style. but most of all............... its got to be chevy!!!!
give me a 64 - 70, i dont care what year, i adore them all!!!! and this is the best site to see the finest built early machines!!!!!

vvvvvvvvaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnn ooooooooonnnnnnn!!

pat

bellvan
02-22-2002, 09:42 PM
i like all old stuff in one way or another,i love the old chevy vans,i am jelous of the dodge owners who have that chrome and or/removable grill.

chevy van 5150
02-22-2002, 10:42 PM
I thought the same thing about the paint, The inside looks great, the out side is flat and orange peeled. Don't like the rear wheel wells they ruin the whole thing for me, but someone has spent alot of time and money, and for the most part did a real nice job. I give it one thumbs up. Oh yea nice job shaving the gutter!

Twovanman
02-22-2002, 10:57 PM
Ha is that a gas filler in the back corner in the shot with the back doors open, its not a beer can.

gotavan
02-22-2002, 11:57 PM
This van is not painted yet just primered. It sounds like the person working on it died. I'm not a Dodge fan either but I do have a pickup A-100. I just liked the gas filler, on my chevys they all rust out around the gas hole. One van cut me every time I twisted off the cap. Never got bothered by thieves anyway. Dan

------------------
gotavan

Vanner68
02-23-2002, 03:59 PM
Cool Find! I'd love to park that in my garage....the spoiler is easy, it's just two pieces of shetmetal welded to a piece of rod or tube at the top edge. Think cardboard template x 2.....the filler cap is nice, expect to pay $100 for the donor bike tank at a swap, unless you get lucky and find a tank with a hole in it....I have a 69 Charger cap on my 68....the trans leaks on that Dodge, did ya spot the ATF soaked rag?

leadfoot
02-23-2002, 04:16 PM
i saw that tranny leak
no extra charge for rust prevention
i don't think those are runs next to the filler looks like a fuel stain or water stain
also noticed it says it's in red oxide primer now -wonder why they pinstriped around the handles
-and that does look like the original filler inside the rear door too so the "new" filler must not be hooked up
interesting van
VAN~ON http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1 075367276&r=0&t=0&showTutorial=0&ed=1014595150&indexURL=0&rd=1 (http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1075367276&r=0&t=0&showTutorial=0&ed=1014595150&indexURL=0&rd=1)

[This message has been edited by leadfoot (edited February 23, 2002).]

BZ
02-27-2002, 07:06 AM
.......does anybody have any idea what type of mirrors are on this van. Looks like they would work nicely on a chevy.
Thanks, BZ

bellvan
02-27-2002, 07:39 AM
i know what kinda mirors they are.....thare chrome mirors (just kidding)they do look nice though.