PDA

View Full Version : "Vette Suspended"

Rich Van Linkel
03-14-2001, 12:50 PM
Fellow Vanners,
I'm trying to dig up as much info on this van as possible, and there seems to be a lot of you that have little bits of info on it. Some of you have eluded to it belonging to a guy named Bob Moore, I'v also heard from some of you that remember seeing it in a Oakland Roadster Show back in the 70s. Still other have seen it at the King City Van-in. Still others have pictures of it in magazines. I would appreciate any and all information relating to this van, as I am going to try and keep it's history with it in the course of my restoration efforts.
Thanks,
Rich

sambowie
03-15-2001, 10:49 AM
I just remember seeing Space looking bucket
seats that had really weird angles, black in color, chromed out heater, glovebox, I Know in one of my van world mags they said they were going to preveiw it the next month, Ill
look for that caption and tell you what month
it was.

sambowie
03-15-2001, 06:45 PM
Its says in an upcoming issue, so I would look for a 1976 feb,mar,apr or even june, you get the idea, from what I could see on the small pic in the mag, custom glove box, chromed out heater, gauge set with vinyl in front of dash, mirror where the interior trim would be, Beige carpet, And some goodrich's.
various places where vinyl was put like door step, and trim panel.

smiley
03-16-2001, 07:32 AM
Hey Rich,

Once I get settled into the new house, I'm going to send you a photocopy I made for you of your van in the Super Vans book. There's a couple pages of info and several B/W photos. Right now, everything is packed up and I have no idea where it is.

I'll get with you on the t-shirts at that time as well (after April 1).