PDA

View Full Version : Taco Bell

Vanner68
07-14-2000, 06:18 PM
A huge thumbs up to Taco Bell for ptting an early Chevy in their latest ad. Look for the ad with the 5 guys doing a very lame rap for the Enchirito. At the end of the ad there is a closeup of a Taco Bell sticker in the back window of a vehicle, that as it speeds away, you can see is an early Chevy! Way Cool!

Rich Van Linkel
07-18-2000, 07:04 AM
I'M GLAD TO HEAR SOME ONE ELSE NOTICED THE VINTAGE VAN INN THE ADD. MY KIDS ALL THINK ITS A JEEP WAGONER OR AN EARLY SUBURBAN, BUT I KNOW ITS A 67-70 CHEVY/GMC VAN, WITH A BIG DENT IN THE BACK LEFT DOOR AND A CARGO RACK ON THE ROOF. DO ANY OF YOU REMEMBER THE ADDS FOR THE NEW CHEVY ADVENTURE VANS?IT HAD AN OLD CHEVY CORVAIR VAN IN ITS ADD. ITS BECAUSE THE GENERATION THAT GREW UP WITH THESE OLD VANS AND THE GOOD ROCK AND ROLL MUSIC ARE THE ONES MAKING THESE NEW ADDS.

smiley
07-18-2000, 08:26 AM
A few weeks ago, I added a new page with pics from both Taco Bell commercials featuring the van. Here's the page: www.vcvc.org/taco.html (http://www.vcvc.org/taco.html) As soon as I saw the commercial, I knew it was an early, so I waited up all night with the VCR ready to catch it again. In the process, I caught the second commercial too. http://www.vcvc.org/ubb/biggrin.gif

painterchris
07-19-2000, 11:00 PM
Hey smiley, get the VCR ready. There are 2 more taco bell commercials now and both show more of the van. One shows the guys at the drive-in window. The other shows them driving down the highway and stopping for a hitchiker.
Later,
Andy.

smiley
07-20-2000, 09:08 AM
thanks andy! i think i may have gotten them on tape. i let the vcr run for a few hours on tuesday, but haven't checked it yet. i've seen the driveup window one, but not the other. will let you know.

Vanner68
07-20-2000, 04:10 PM
Bummer news! Taco Bell fired their ad agency, yes the ome that came up with the dog and more importantly, put an early Chevy in the ads. How this will affect the use of the van is unclear, but let's hope the van is the new direction T.B. is after!

JD
07-23-2000, 08:25 PM
MY WIFE WAS WATCHING "WALKER TEXAS RANGER" LAST NITE WHILE I WAS ON THE COMPUTER, I LOOKED UP JUST IN TIME TO SEE THE TRUCK HE WAS DRIVING BREAK DOWN ON A STREET IN MEXICO.
ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE STREET WAS A BLACK EARLY CHEVY VAN(WITH A BIG PATCH OF RED BONDO)...AT LEAST VANS ARE GETTING SOME NEW EXPOSURE!!............LATER...........JD...