PDA

View Full Version : 250 6

pizzaguy1
09-09-2000, 11:56 AM
ihave heard of fuelinjection that bolts on? anyone know about this?

------------------

pizzaguy1

66Jim
09-27-2000, 11:41 PM
Hey Pizzaguy-- I know that it's quite possible to put on fuel injected or even easier, a TBI unit on the 250. The bad news is that I don't think it's possible (or advisable) with the stock intake. Even with adapter plates, you're defeating your purpose by putting more fuel into a restrictive setting. I checked into this recently and the bang for your buck just doesn't add up, unless you're just looking for something unusual. For performance parts for your inline, check out http://www.cliffordperformance.com/catalog.htm. They seem to cater to us inliners. Right now, I just tuned up my 230 and it's running great. I suppose this will stave off the inevitable modifications for now.
Let me know if you find out different.

Vanner68
09-28-2000, 06:03 PM
Chevy killed off the inline six before fuel injection was available, so I don't know of a Bolt On system. The aftermarket setups are usually programmed for an engine of 350 ci or greater, so you would run way rich. However, if you see my post in the colling fan discussion, a fuel injected V6 may be the ticket......