PDA

View Full Version : carb linkage

riff raff
10-11-2000, 02:57 PM
I just installed an edlebrock performer intake and a 600 holley on my 307, and my carb linkage is too short. Has anyone experienced this before? Any tips would be appreciated greatly. TIM

Vanner68
10-12-2000, 06:53 PM
Yep, BT,DT. You just need to measure up how short, and go to the hardware store and get some 1/4' rod and copy the old rod plus the extra length. run it thru it's full travel (engine OFF) to make sure it doesn't bind or stick, and be sure to run double return springs on that carb!

riff raff
10-12-2000, 08:09 PM
thank you very much. I had tried to use an old turn buckle that I had rethreaded and it still does not work as well as I had hoped. I will try the 1/4" rod and see what happens. Thank You TIM

68chevyboy
10-13-2000, 06:49 PM
hey, glad im not the only one. i have a 307 with an edelbrock torker2 intake and a hi perf. quadrajet. to get it runnig around the yard, i cut a coathanger and bent it and made linkage. it moves, it revs but the secondaries wont open. so im tryig to figure out whats too long or short. if i make the linkage coathanger peice short enough to open the secondaries, the motor runs too fast at idle. im thinkig of converting to cable style, or original, whatever works. thanks, and van on. oh yeah the only piece of linkage i mage is the piece that hooks to the carb. i still have the original 2bbl piece.

timberwolf
02-04-2017, 08:20 PM
I feel like such a late comer.... but this place is quite a wealth of info on these vans. Yes, I'm resurrecting a 17 year old thread, just to say thanks because the info it contains helped me tonight :)