PDA

View Full Version : POSITIVE FEEDBACK!

Skidmark
09-30-2008, 08:27 PM
I just love clickin' on to vcvc to find out what's goin' on with y'all, but tonight was kinda disappointing. What's with the negative vibe? This is a VAN site! So, I'd like to start a thread. This can be a forum to thank a fellow vanner for something he or she has done for you. Feel free to post a great deal on a van, on parts, help on the road or anything like that, just nothing negative. I've gotten so much help from y'all, I wouldn't know where to start the thank you's. But, I'll try. EJohnson, the lenses are perfect. John "planetvear", thanks for trusting me on my word with a rare part, even if my ideas exceeded my abilities. GregW, it's been years, "pre-Katrina", but you sent me 2 carbs for less than 1 core charge. Goat, for the call above and beyond duty, giving up your Sunday and hauling my 66 home. LeadFoot, for making the arrangements for pickin' up that 283 from Roger Moyles, patiently storing it for the better part of a year and then opening up the shop in the middle of that snowstorm when I finally got around to pickin' it up. BZ, for the deal on that "hotrod" 250 and all the freebies you've sent my way. One of the sixes you gave me is alive and well in a pickup, by the way. Smiley, thanks most to you, man. This site rocks! Without it, I'd never have met these people. Just think of how sad that would be. http://www.vcvc.org/ubb/wink.gif

planetvear
10-01-2008, 04:17 AM
great thought skid! i'll vote for you if you run for something...president maybe? thanks go to all of the happy folks who have made my stay here a pleasant one. john

65Vangoat
10-01-2008, 05:25 PM
Skid, Im ready for another road trip. Im not a big reader and i lose my focus sometimes when i do. but when i check in here i love reading it all and the time flies by. it definetly has its peeks and valleys of which i dont mind. i make sure i end on a good note and reading your post will do it, actually most all your post do.
I dont post a lot but I read it all.
SO, to add to your topic.
BZ--gets my golden van award for helping "watching Scotty grow"
Skid--for good food, good humor, and making me feel like im back home
Lead---for challanging me and Savannah
Taz---may not have remembered, but he gave me a vcvc plaque and a t-shirt at last years Nats and didnt ever know me but acted like we've been buds for years, that meant a lot.
all 07' Nat alumn's
I know theres more but i can hear the music playing.
PEACE LOVE AND GOOD VIBES TO ALL

GOAT

Rockvan
10-01-2008, 05:46 PM
Ditto Vangoat - not many posts by me, but the search feature and reading the daily discussions are usually a high point of my day.
Thanks Smiley for the great forum, this website is an awesome tribute to the goodness of one man sharing unselfishly with another in an age where that is not common.
Thanks to the many (more than I can remember) people who have contributed their experiences and knowledge to my personal quest to learn about my old van and how to get her on the road again. Peace - Rv

Wookee
10-01-2008, 06:31 PM
This site to me is kind of like the first girl I ever fell in love with.
Like the first girl I learned allot of new things after finding it.
Things that you guys that work at a key board all day just take for granted.
Like how to type.What all of the icons, extra buttons on the key board and terminology means.I learned how to post pictures.All the while I have always tried to keep a very positive spim on what i was typing.
Like the girl, there where times I have been on here and did not agree with things being said.The disagreements have always remained civil.It's never been bad enough to make me stop comming here.
The best thing about this site is the core group of regulars that post here.I have gotten a chance to meet allot of them in person.The really neat thing is there is nobody here that I have meet in person.That I can say I did not like.They, just like the vans they own drive and love,are very unique passonate individuals.This is a very neat trait that makes VAN owners special.
In my opinion this is one of the best van sites on the net.Even though its a "Cyber Club",it ranks right up there with some of the best real van clubs out there today.
I am and will always be a proud member of......
Vintage Chevy Van Club.....

.......Wookee

------------------

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m199/wookeesvan/backinblack.jpg
Its a "van thing" A life style you have to live to understand!!!!

[This message has been edited by Wookee (edited October 01, 2008).]

jakemedic
10-01-2008, 06:45 PM
I would like to also pass on words of thanks and praise to the following members:

Weird Harold: Thanks for the wonderful van. As I go through the parts and catalog them, it seems like Christmas WAY early. Deep down, I still wish you would have been able to enjoy the fruits of your hard work. She is a beautiful old girl!

Taz: We met at last years (2007) “Taz Fest”. I was there about 5 minutes when it seemed like old home week even though my early wasn't as nice as some others. He rejuvenates my hope in mankind.... This year, even though I could not drive my early, I was welcomed with a cold brew, great conversation and tasty food. Thanks so much!!

Members who take the time to answer my posts: Thanks for sharing your expertise. I am just a poor public servant who happens to like old flat nosed girls. I don't know what I would do without the help of this clubs members. Thanks!!!!

For every 1 negative, there are many, many more positives. Keep up the great site Smiley!!

------------------
Be safe out there....

Jake

bear1
10-02-2008, 09:24 AM
yea i am fond of this sight and you members.just because we voice or selfs don,t me love each other anymore or any less,

[This message has been edited by bear1 (edited October 02, 2008).]

BvrWally
10-02-2008, 09:58 AM
It's definitely MY favorite site!!!!!!!
B.W. http://www.vcvc.org/ubb/smile.gif