PDA

View Full Version : rear wheel cylinders!!!!!!!!!!!

pat69chevan
05-03-2001, 12:23 PM
man what a pain in the keyster!!!!! i finished my brakes and the passenger side wheel cylinder was bad so i said no problem, i will go to the auto parts store and buy some new ones, until i found out the price!!!!! the cheapest i found was $43 dollars!!!!! a piece!!!! OUCH!!! i got the other wheel cylinders from my old axle, or i could rebuild the old ones? what do you think? HELP!!!!! THANKS GUYS

PAT

smiley
05-03-2001, 12:50 PM
Pat, there's a pair of cylinders on eBay right now. However, I'm not sure if they're for front or rear (what's the difference? I don't know.). So far, only $20 for the pair. Also, check with Autozone. I got my fronts for $9.99 each.

I'll see if I can turn up any cheaper ones too.

ahighdiver
05-03-2001, 12:56 PM
Hey guys;
When you come up with part numbers, please post them.
Thanks,
Highdiver

pat69chevan
05-03-2001, 01:55 PM
well guys, i caved!!!!! i figured that since i am restoring my baby, i shouldnt skimp on parts, so i a buying new ones tonight, the difference between the front and the rear is price. the fronts run about 15 bucks each and the backs run about 45 bucks a piece, so i am going to spend about 90 bucks but it is worth it. thanks smiley for the info

pat

pat69chevan
05-03-2001, 07:42 PM
it happened again!!!! i ordered the cylinders from a parts store, not a giant chain store like pep boys or auto zone, i must of got an idiot, he ordered my parts twice and still didnt get it right!!!! is it that hard to remember when someone tell you you that they need REAR CYLINDERS FOR A 1969 G10 1/2 TON CHEVY VAN, NOT A FORD, NOT A DODGE, A CCCCHHEVVYYY!!!!! NOT FRONT CYLINDERS, REAR!!!! i am not mad, just upset.
i went back to the carquest dealer that i am familiar with, i will have to pay a few bucks for my sanity. dont mean to cry, but i had to vent.

later

pat

pat69chevan
05-04-2001, 10:27 PM
hey ahighdiver, i got the numbers for the rear wheel cylinders, it is a carquest parts number EW44512. they fit 64 - 70 aand the parts guy said that they may not be around much longer, but dont hold him to that. my total was 97 dollars, but it was worth it.

catch you later

pat