PDA

View Full Version : Glove box

Dan Wilson
02-23-2002, 12:39 PM
Does anybody know where I can find an insert for a '65 Glove box? Will the Corvair car one fit?

Flaming_Moe
02-23-2002, 05:17 PM
I don't know if a corvair will fit, but I know that the pickup one won't. If you find anything out about 'em let me know!

Austin

painterchris
02-23-2002, 11:41 PM
Those cardboard gloveboxes suck. If you have access to the tools, do what I did: fabricate a new one out of sheet metal and line it with that heavy felt used on the outside of speaker cabinets. It works great and it only took a few hours to make.

Andy.

TurboVan
02-24-2002, 04:43 AM
You're right, I did the same thing (except for the carpet), and I made it really huge.
TV

69G20
02-24-2002, 11:21 AM
I made mine from Burlwood plastic sign sheeting wish I wood of gotten a larger piece (less rivets), what ever material you use you definitly want to get those clips for the edges to put the screws into.
GLOVE BOX (http://www.vcvc.org/c69c4.html)

Carl

BZ
02-27-2002, 06:57 AM
Carl: Cool glove box.
Do you keep a pattern by any chance, that we could borrow from you?
Thanks, BZ

pat69chevan
02-27-2002, 09:36 AM
i got another project in mind...... i got use of a plastic welder and i thought of taking an old glove box (cardboard), cut it at the seams to make templates for 1/8 inch plastic, use the plastic welder to put it together........could it work??????? please stay tuned for a prototype........i hope!!!!

pat

Dan Wilson
02-27-2002, 11:13 AM
There is enough talent here to start our own
van repro shop! I am currently doing some research on compatability of truck,corvan, corvair to van parts. It may take awhile,but I'm determined!I called the truck shop the other day for a catalog and the guy wanted to know why I would want a '55-59 truck catalog
for a '66 van. I said:trust me, I know what I'm doing! Things haven't changed since I had a early 20 years ago. Talk about slow learners!

pat69chevan
02-28-2002, 09:25 PM
well folks, tomorrow is the day that i start my prototype!!!!!!! i was able to obtain a couple different grades of plastic to experiment with, i went to this shop by my job and picked up the welding sticks, and i figure i wll use my existing glove box since it has torn away and is hanging crooked. if this process is successful, i will attempt to make them to sell at a fair price. i figure that it is hard to get a good glove box from a salvage yard, so i wil give it a shot. as soon as i have one done, i will put it on the site, i just need some instructions on how to do that, not a computer whiz!!!!!

later

pat