• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dan Wilson
    VCVC Member
    • Feb 2002

Glove box

Does anybody know where I can find an insert for a '65 Glove box? Will the Corvair car one fit?
  • Flaming_Moe
    Van Addict
    • Jun 2000

I don't know if a corvair will fit, but I know that the pickup one won't. If you find anything out about 'em let me know!

Austin
    Austin Jones

Comment

• painterchris
      Certifiable Vanatic
      • May 2000

Those cardboard gloveboxes suck. If you have access to the tools, do what I did: fabricate a new one out of sheet metal and line it with that heavy felt used on the outside of speaker cabinets. It works great and it only took a few hours to make.

Andy.

Comment

• TurboVan
        VCVC Member
        • Dec 2000

You're right, I did the same thing (except for the carpet), and I made it really huge.
        TV
        Keep one foot in the gutter, one fist in the gold...sigpic

'65 Panel, with turbocharged 327 (originally 153 four), TH400 (originally 3-speed), and 3.31 '67 Camaro 12 bolt rear (my first car, 1970)
        https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...meE_Jf-hgJU2mG

'69 Sportvan 108 with turbocharged original 250 six and 700R4 (originally Powerglide), 3.73 rear, starred in eight Taco Bell commercials
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDfPJ3xmwjY

Comment

• 69G20
          Certifiable Vanatic
          • May 2001

I made mine from Burlwood plastic sign sheeting wish I wood of gotten a larger piece (less rivets), what ever material you use you definitly want to get those clips for the edges to put the screws into.
          GLOVE BOX

Carl
          aka the Viewmaster
          VCVC Vanatic Map --- 67 thru 70 Colorized Wiring Diagram - Colorized 1st Gen wiring Diagram

Comment

• BZ
            VCVC Member
            • Jul 2000

Carl: Cool glove box.
            Do you keep a pattern by any chance, that we could borrow from you?
            Thanks, BZ
            Thanks, Ben
            BZ,RZ & Cujo @ N.C. 66 ChevyVan
            "One thing a Southern boy will never say is, 'I don't think duct tape will fix it.' " Keith Canfield Apollo 13 Astronaut

Comment

• pat69chevan
              Certifiable Vanatic
              • Sep 2000

i got another project in mind...... i got use of a plastic welder and i thought of taking an old glove box (cardboard), cut it at the seams to make templates for 1/8 inch plastic, use the plastic welder to put it together........could it work??????? please stay tuned for a prototype........i hope!!!!

pat

Comment

• Dan Wilson
                VCVC Member
                • Feb 2002

There is enough talent here to start our own
                van repro shop! I am currently doing some research on compatability of truck,corvan, corvair to van parts. It may take awhile,but I'm determined!I called the truck shop the other day for a catalog and the guy wanted to know why I would want a '55-59 truck catalog
                for a '66 van. I said:trust me, I know what I'm doing! Things haven't changed since I had a early 20 years ago. Talk about slow learners!

Comment

• pat69chevan
                  Certifiable Vanatic
                  • Sep 2000

well folks, tomorrow is the day that i start my prototype!!!!!!! i was able to obtain a couple different grades of plastic to experiment with, i went to this shop by my job and picked up the welding sticks, and i figure i wll use my existing glove box since it has torn away and is hanging crooked. if this process is successful, i will attempt to make them to sell at a fair price. i figure that it is hard to get a good glove box from a salvage yard, so i wil give it a shot. as soon as i have one done, i will put it on the site, i just need some instructions on how to do that, not a computer whiz!!!!!

later

pat

Comment

Working...
                  X