PDA

View Full Version : Starter Switch Problems???

BZ
06-17-2001, 08:13 AM
List: The starter engages when you turn the key, but it will not disengage. Once you turn the switch back it cuts off.
My first hunch is the switch.
What do you all think?

HELP

Thanks, BZ

Scott
06-17-2001, 10:26 AM
Just check your switch with a test light hooked up to both ignition lead. Turn the key to the on position and see if there is power to the starter lead.

Good Luck

BZ
06-17-2001, 06:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BZ:
List: The starter engages when you turn the key, but it will not disengage. Once you turn the switch back it cuts off.
My first hunch is the switch.
What do you all think?

HELP

List: It was the switch, took one off of my 70 "donor", works great now.

Thanks, BZ<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

68chevyboy
06-20-2001, 01:10 PM
HELP! i have the same type of problem. i missed the brown wire on the switch when i rewired it, so i just put it on hot on the fuse block. i cranked it, and then tried to turn it off----nothing. i pulled purple---nothing. brown--nothing. the whole plug!---nothing. where does the brown wire thats connected to brown and white on the switch hook to?

69G20
06-22-2001, 01:45 PM
68CHEVYBOY, THE LARGE BROWN #10 WIRE GOES FROM THE IGN SWITCH TO THE FUSE BOX , WHERE IT FEEDS THE BOTTOM SECTION OF THE FUSE BOX ( TURN SIGNAL FLASHER; WIPER 20A; HEAT 10A; A 3A FUSE FOR ACC. POWER TAP ABOVE; BACK-UP LIGHTS 10A.). I'M NOT SURE IF YOUR PROBLEM IS THE STARTER STAYING ENGAGED OR IT KEEPS ON RUNNIG?
CARL