PDA

View Full Version : Electrical

No Door Kid
07-11-2001, 08:22 PM
I have a 66 no door. The problem started last week when I was driving to work and everything just went out - lights and engine, but before it stoped everything came back on. I went to get into the van this morning and It wouldn't even click, but the lights and everything else worked even the oil and temp light.... I'm thinking ignition but not sure... any suggestions?

Vanner68
07-11-2001, 09:37 PM
Soumds like either the connection at the starter where the battery hooks up to feed the rest of the van, or the fuse panel is rusted or losing connection.

riff raff
07-12-2001, 10:10 AM
I had the same thing last year. I found a corroded conection on a green wire from the starter. I satrted with a test light from the starter and check avery foot or so till I got a light. The splice was under my carpet by the drivers seat. I guess from the previous owner. reconnected and sealed and it fired right off. TIM

pat69chevan
07-12-2001, 01:38 PM
check the harness plug that connects your dash wiring to your engine wiring, my dads 67 108 harness plug was under the drivers seat and he had problems with it shutting off and shorting out until he replaced the connection, i am not familiar with a 66's wiring, it sound like something is loose, to go dead and then start back working again is probably a loose connection.

good luck

pat