PDA

View Full Version : almost done!!!!!!

pat69chevan
04-30-2001, 01:37 PM
hey gang, i almost got everything done on my 69 to make the rally in june!!!! on this past saturday, i started to work on putting the rear axle and work on other small problems. i started at about 10:30 am and i finished at 2 am. i put the axle on, installed new shocks and put the drive shaft back on. i was dead tired after that work out. all i have left to do is to hook the brake cables back up and connect the brake lines. after that i am going to take it to my brothers shop and give her an overall tune up, drive on a few short trips out in the country to see if she holds up.

wish me luck!!!!!

pat

smiley
04-30-2001, 06:05 PM
That's a lot of work Pat! Good luck and let us know how it turns out!

pat69chevan
04-30-2001, 07:42 PM
thanks smiley, it is good to have the support of my fellow members, i hope everyone is getting their vans together for the rally.

thanks again

pat

DAN
04-30-2001, 08:25 PM
YES I,M READY NOW.I PUT NEW CARB,INTAKE AND ALL NEW CROME ON MOTOR.DONE SOME MORE WORK ON INSIDE.I GOT IT OUT LAST WEEK END TO GO TO A CRUISE.I,M READY FOR THE ROAD TRIP. DAN

gotavan
05-01-2001, 01:41 AM
Well I'm not ready, if I get "Molly's" van ready for the trip it will be a 30 day wonder. Last fall my daughter Molly was reading about the forward control vehicles and the "panoramic view and barstool on wheels" got her attention. She helped me pull an engine out of 65 and plant it in a 64 GMC we used a cherry picker out in the back yard had to pull the picker with a tractor. She was concerned about the floor being rusted out I told her thats the least of our worrys. Anyway I took a look at it yesterday the motors still hanging in there with a block of wood holding it ,theres no trans. yet it won't be pretty but I hope to get it on the road. I keep telling her "Your gonna end up living in a VAN down by the river!" Dan

------------------
gotavan