PDA

View Full Version : I just have something against windows....

stonedmonk
07-08-2001, 05:12 AM
I am going to buy Tony's van.But I don't like windows.The less windows,the mo better.Say one had a van with windows in the side doors,or in the rear doors,and wanted them to go away.Would it be easier to take out the windows and weld in some sheet-metal,or just get doors that didnt have windows and swap them in?
P.S.I want the Mystery Machine,and have no compunctions about using its powers to score with girls! http://www.vcvc.org/ubb/smile.gif

bellvan
07-08-2001, 09:40 AM
you know,if you want a TRUE mystery macine you need to get a 64-66 no door shorty.my kids have a toy of it,the headlights arent low on it. (ha ha my technical hannah barbara advice) as far as your windows go,id try to swap doors w/ someone or get some other doors and sell them ones w/ the windows in it.you could weld panels in them but it would depend on what kinda bodywork your able to do.seems ashame to waste a good set of doors though.....but as dennis miller sais....."thats my opinion,i could be wrong"
good luck
Rusty

tonye66
07-08-2001, 04:26 PM
Well you could paint over the windows. To remove the paint, just scrape it off.

Tony

stonedmonk
07-08-2001, 04:58 PM
Good points,all....I like the side doors too much,though...anyone else out there got a set of doors they wish had windows in them?I like that idea...

tonye66
07-09-2001, 08:24 PM
Dont forget Gabe, the side doors on my-soon-to-be-yours van are absolutely rust free and dent free. They are a good solid set.

Tony

stonedmonk
07-10-2001, 12:46 AM
well....you heard the man.....anybody got a set of dent free,rust free doors that they wish had windows in em?

ahighdiver
07-10-2001, 06:16 PM
I have seen a clean job of covering the windows. You have to cut the sheet metal small enough that it counter sets into the bevel at the edge of the door. Then tack them down all around before filling the seam Wire weld the seam and grind it out. Fill the tiny remaining line with filler and whadya know,,no windows. Take out the glass and sell it to someone to pay for materials.

painterchris
07-10-2001, 11:47 PM
Stonedmonk,
Isn't tony's van a Sportvan (windows all around)? You'll probably spend more money trying to remove the windows in a sportvan than if you just buy a cargo van from the start. Sorry Tony, I'm not trying to kill your sale, but if Stonedmonk wants a cargo van, then he should buy a cargo van. trying to convert a window van into a windowless van is expensive, difficult, and it's unlikely that it will ever look as smooth as a true cargo van.
That's my $.02 anyway,
Andy.

stonedmonk
07-11-2001, 12:54 AM
I can live with the windows in the back part of the van,but if I can figure out a way to deal with the side windows, I would be much happier.Actually,the windows in the back leave me open for some very cool possibilities(pun intended)for increased ventilation. I'm not gonna say how,I wanna see if it'll work first.I will buy a cargo van someday for the Mystery Machine action,but this van will serve another purpose.Besides, I wanna get a 1977 Corvette before I get an M.M.,just in case the van doesnt score girlies like I hope it will.And the 'vette is a long way off.So worry not Tony,and I'll see you and the van soon http://www.vcvc.org/ubb/smile.gif

Vanner68
07-11-2001, 08:45 PM
Get some 2 1/2 % limo black tint film and do all the windows behind the front doors. do a little upholstery or curtains and voila! Privacy!

tonye66
07-11-2001, 10:18 PM
I dont know if I mentioned in the emails I sent you Gabe, but there is curtain wire hanging above all the rear windows. I am including curtains with the van.

Later,
Tony

stonedmonk
07-11-2001, 11:17 PM
That'll help,Tony....and I dont think you did mention it...but I still got some wild ideas.....