PDA

View Full Version : Replacement Parts

Fastvan67
11-23-2001, 03:49 PM
In my few years of vannin (1989-1998), I have found out some interesting facts about some of the replacement parts for the earlys. Facts that I found along the way were: Rear 12 bolt from a 66-72 Nova will fit the 67-70 Chevy and GMC vans. Its a heavier rear and a better gear for hi-way driving.
The wheel cylinders from a 3/4 ton truck will work on the 1/2 ton vans. Its a bigger bore cylinder and helps with stoppng power.
The front and rear drums from a Chevelle will work on the early vans.
The front wheel hub from a Chevelle, Malabu, LaMans, GTO, etc... will work on the earlies. The only thing thats slightly different about the hubs is the inner seal. Don't buy a seal for the van. Get the seal for the car that the hub came off of. Theres only a micro size difference in the seal. The size comes from the out size, not in inner size. Inner size seals perfectly.
I'll add more info as I can remember them.

vannman67
11-23-2001, 06:55 PM
Thanks for the info. Every little bit that someone has to offer is great.

------------------
Vannman67
aka Bryan Corbitt
Vancouver,Wa
1967 Chevy Sportvan 108"
www.members.home.net/bcorbitt68

TurboVan
11-24-2001, 02:50 PM
Hey Fastvan,
Do those wheel cylinders fit both front and rear? Thanks for the info. --- TV

ahighdiver
11-26-2001, 09:22 AM
if you have the part numbers please post them.
HD.

AutomaticAmie
04-20-2013, 10:51 PM
In my few years of vannin (1989-1998), I have found out some interesting facts about some of the replacement parts for the earlys. Facts that I found along the way were: Rear 12 bolt from a 66-72 Nova will fit the 67-70 Chevy and GMC vans. Its a heavier rear and a better gear for hi-way driving.
The wheel cylinders from a 3/4 ton truck will work on the 1/2 ton vans. Its a bigger bore cylinder and helps with stoppng power.
The front and rear drums from a Chevelle will work on the early vans.
The front wheel hub from a Chevelle, Malabu, LaMans, GTO, etc... will work on the earlies. The only thing thats slightly different about the hubs is the inner seal. Don't buy a seal for the van. Get the seal for the car that the hub came off of. Theres only a micro size difference in the seal. The sixe comes from the out size, not in inner size. Inner size seals perfectly.
I'll add more info as I can remember them.

fyi

NipRing
04-20-2013, 11:24 PM
http://home.comcast.net/~cargovan1966/parts.htm

Scoothauler
04-21-2013, 08:37 AM
That is some real time saving information Nipring. Thanks for posting. Is there a list of parts that interchange for the 67-70 vans? I'm sure GM used some shared parts with trucks, older GM's like nova's, and other mid size cars.

Optik
04-21-2013, 11:03 AM
What we really need is someone with a Hollander Interchange book to sit down and compile all this info.