PDA

View Full Version : More air

ahighdiver
05-29-2001, 09:04 AM
I decided to modify the doghouse a little.
I'm going to cut out a 6" high by 13" wide opening in the front of the doghouse and the same in the angled part of the floorboard. I will leave the flat part of the floor to serve as the bottom and weld a top and sides to utilize the entire grill opening for air flow.
Then I will install a Draw-tite Engine oil cooler at the back of the new opening.
I'll post photos at my album for all to see.
Highdiver.

TurboVan
05-29-2001, 11:01 PM
Sounds about like what I did, except I used tabs and pop rivets instead of welding it. --- TV

ahighdiver
05-30-2001, 08:44 AM
The box will have tabs to screw it to the floor. I want to be able to remove it to get at the oil cooler.
I'm working on a control valve for the cooling system too. A sort of ajustable flow control that goes under the water neck and operates by cable. This would allow for faster warm ups on cold mornings too.
AND. I've searched the web for a phenolic spacer for the carb and found nothing, Does anyone have a line on this product. I could machine my own from a blank.
Highdiver.

por-15 van
06-06-2001, 09:18 PM
I do not know about cutting the dog house up , seems to take away from the van. have any of you tried what Ford is doing on some of their new minivans, They have taken two 3"or 4" ducts run them from the upper engine box down to the under side "by the frame" of the van thus sucking out the hot air and causing a negative pressure and causing the inlet air to go higher thus creating more cooling. I haven't tried this myself, I am running a 350 and don't seem to have any problems so far.

Lorne

Scott
06-06-2001, 11:26 PM
Us Canadians shouldn't really have overheating problems http://www.vcvc.org/ubb/smile.gif

por-15 van
06-12-2001, 08:56 AM
Scott;
I was pulling a loaded tent trailer, and hauling a full stock of POR-15, in 34 Celcius temperature, may not be Texas temps but didn't overheat.
Lorne