PDA

View Full Version : advice

wiseleyb
07-18-2000, 02:32 PM
Hi,

I'm looking around for a van but had a few questions. I'm in no way a "gear head". I do, however, have the money to bring the van to the shop now and then. Would it be shear insanity to buy one of these vans if I didn't have the time, tools, and knowledge to do it myself? When things go wrong with them is it an absolute nightmare to find parts?

I really love these old vans and would rather put time/money into one of these than a new car... but I can't have it in the shop for months at a time awaiting parts.

Any thoughts? Anyone selling in the Washington area?

-ben

Blindmelon
07-18-2000, 09:04 PM
are you in the washington dc area or washington state? anyhow it all depends on the condition and history of the one you find. some can be old biddys while others can be like gold, so i suggest you talk to these guys on here for a while to get an idea. some guys here are gear heads while others are just like you. let me know what area you are in. i have a friend near washington state that has a couple of nice vans. i also have some friends near dc that have the same. Tim
blndmln5@aol.com
blindmelon5@hotmail.com

Vanner68
07-19-2000, 04:12 PM
Your best bet is to spend the bucks up front and get the best condition van you can find, with the equipment that is closest to your tastes. While you may not mind paying to have work done, finding someone for the big jobs, (like engine swaps) may be difficult.

Blindmelon
07-21-2000, 12:15 PM
hey there, I was on line and I found a 65 chevy van for sale in California. His eamil address is WilBeCPS@Compuserve.com. Send him an email and see what's up. He wants 3500 for it, it sounded pretty cool.