PDA

View Full Version : Single vs. Dual Master Cylinder

TurboVan
01-29-2002, 11:04 PM
Does the dual master have a different mounting than the single, or will it bolt right in? Any pitfalls associated with the changeover? --- TV

painterchris
01-30-2002, 03:58 PM
I've wondered about this myself. I think it would bolt in, but you'd have to modify the access hole in your floor pan. I have not looked really closely at it tho, so I'm not 100% sure it would work.

Later,
Andy.

solid side 65
01-30-2002, 11:25 PM
Bolts up fine, the top bracket around the reservoir cap needs some trimming/removal. I left the stock round floor access cover, I can fill both reservoirs without much trouble.

TurboVan
01-31-2002, 11:53 PM
Allright!
Thats what I wanted to hear! --- TV

solid side 65
02-01-2002, 09:03 PM
I pulled a m/c, metering block and the tubing connecting them from a 69 donor van to do a mock up install first. Used an air die grinder with a small cutting wheel to modify the 65 m/c bracket. I ended up bending and double flaring all new brake hard lines. Also did the fuel line while I had the tools out, added an additional filter near the 24.5 gallon tank. I mounted the metering block lower than the m/c, which required spacers for the 1 1/4" sway bar. Had to add a pulley for E brake cable, maybe because I have a 69 doghouse. If I did it again I would have the metering block no lower than the m/c.

Yeggster
02-16-2002, 08:53 PM
I put a dual in my 66 to replace the single.

It required quite a bit of trimming brakets and sheet metal to fit in......I also had to lower the sway bar 2"

Also needed to buy an ajustable balance valve because with the 14 bolt rearend the back drumms were grabbing too much.

Plan on replaceing all the lines to if they are rusty

Yeggster