PDA

View Full Version : Seats

MoonJoe
06-03-2001, 12:41 AM
Does any one know if a stock 68 seat will fit a 64?

bellvan
06-05-2001, 11:20 AM
well,i dont actualy know from experince,but id bet a weeks paycheck it does.....haha.maybey im just lucky,here in maryland thares a few junkyards that have a few of each body style.ive explored all of them.keep in mind that gm used parts of cars and trucks on thiese.be observant,what may be a part of a 65 malibu,or a 62 pick up,may be the parts you need......even the instrument clusters on my 70 van are the same as the 5 ton cabovers gm made for a long time(plus they all have working gauges)
have fun with the van,when it comes time to replace things,be observant,compare the two if you can,youll find lots of things are swappable

por-15 van
06-20-2001, 04:41 PM
I've got a set of 73 Mustang high back buckets in mine, after modifying the supports they work just fine. WHY DO I FEEL SOMEBODY THROWING STUFF AT ME ????????
I just love it cause its my van.

Lorne

Vanner68
06-21-2001, 05:30 PM
Dang near anything 20" wide will fit with fabricated brackets, I'm looking into 6-way power seats for mine..... http://www.vcvc.org/ubb/tongue.gif

1bad65
07-19-2001, 02:40 AM
I just put black leather buckets out of a
73 zcar in mine..They actually fit really good and only had to drill a couple new holes. (hate drilling holes) Just cant recline too far or you cant reach the wheel!
Think we are gonna use the stock seats in the back.