PDA

View Full Version : CARBURETOR

tonye66
04-30-2001, 10:02 PM
DOES ANYONE HAVE A 1 BARREL CARTER YF CARB? I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR 3 WEEKS LOOKING FOR THE RIGHT ONE AND NOT EVEN PEP BOYS HAS IT!
IT MUST BE ABLE TO RUN BUT IT NEED NOT BE REBUILT. IF ANY ONE HAS ONE I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IT. ALSO, WHO SELLS THE STOPLIGHT SWITCH FOR THE 64-66 VANS? MINE IS DEADER THAN A DOORNAIL AND NO PART STORES HAVE ONE BEFORE 1968. HAS ANY ONE FABBED UP A NEWER SWITCH AND MOUNTED IT AND IT WORKS?

THANKS,

TONY

[This message has been edited by tonye66 (edited April 30, 2001).]

tonye66
04-30-2001, 10:05 PM
OH YEAH, WHAT SIZE AND LENGTH IS THE SPRING THAT CONNECTS THE CHOKE AND THROTTLE LINKAGE ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE CARB? IF THIS POST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE TELL ME.

tonye66
05-04-2001, 09:53 PM
CAN ANYONE HELP ME? WELL NOW I GOT IT TO RUN BUT NOT VERY EFFICIENTLY. I DID GO FOR A FEW RIDES IN IT TODAY THOUGH. I NEED HELP DESPERATELY!!

TONY

tonye66
05-06-2001, 10:47 PM
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!

ahighdiver
05-06-2001, 10:57 PM
Tony;
Why can't you find a carb at Kragen. They will keep at it until you get the right one.

bellvan
06-05-2001, 11:31 AM
hey,on that brakelight switch.....try taking it apart and cleaning up the parts inside.all thats in thare is a spring,a metal conecter and two contact points. take the thing off,bend the metal tabs up and take off the plastic cover.when i did mine thare was rust and dirt in it.when i put it back together i used a glue gun to seal around the plastic cover. give it a try,if your switch dont work you have nothing to loose but a half hour.......the same goes for all the other switches in the thing,if your gonna replace them anyway,take them apart,youll find thare not all that complicated.