PDA

View Full Version : YES! 66 windshied gasket

Yeggster
03-31-2001, 12:04 AM
I saw at the site here one day a part number for the 66 flatglass windshield gasket.......My gasket is in really rough shape, cracked, siliconed etc.......Well I tried the number at GM and it came back as a good number but the part descriptoin sain only (discontinued...weather stripping) no year vehicle no more info.

I orderd it with plans to check it and see if it was right.......sure enough it was!!!

They told me that was one of only TWO in Canada......of course it's discontinued......I've been showing the new gasket to everyone today,,, they are not as excited as me somehow http://www.vcvc.org/ubb/smile.gif

The number right off the GM parts box is just the same as the one I read here #3794940

Get em while they're hot guys http://www.vcvc.org/ubb/smile.gif

Yeggster

tomschaner
03-31-2001, 04:51 PM
just to let you know i ordered one up for my 66 last month and it was definitely correct.it did come with a tag saying no surplus parts available(discontinued)in other words supply no longer showed it being produced.this is telling me that the supply may be dwindling if not gone.heres the fo0otnote however.i needed a windshield gasket for my 67 chevy van and went to a glass shop and they had no problem getting me one.(parts bag said product of china)so i wouldn't get to worried since it seems like they are already being reproduced.but not 100 % certain on the 64-66 models.if in need of one for these years it may behoove you into checking whether or not they are being reproduced(if not)you better place your order before its too late.later tom

Vanner68
04-01-2001, 07:10 PM
tomschaner is brought to you by the word "behoove"......hehe, sorry.

Anyway- he's got a point, they ain't makin any more yet so even if you aren't sure you need it, you should get it!

tomschaner
04-02-2001, 07:16 PM
i believe behoove is in fact a word and you are correct i have recently used it twice in my replies.sometimes its just nice to throw a new word out there since most of us including myself rarely chant in abstact language and frankly it just livens up conversation when people don't quite apprehend the true nature of one's conversation when it relates to such a fine specimen which in these realms obviously equates to the late great 64-70 chevy-gmc.van.aufwiedersein und gutennacht.tom

Vanner68
04-04-2001, 03:12 PM
Yes, Quite. Expansion of one's vocabulary can only raise the esteem in which you are held amongst your peers. The pursuit of linguistic excellence should be encouraged.

Ross
04-09-2001, 04:01 PM
I orderd it with plans to check it and see if it was right.......sure enough it was!!!

The number right off the GM parts box is just the same as the one I read here #3794940

What did you pay for it?
Ross in Boulder Colorado

Yeggster
04-09-2001, 11:28 PM
Ross.......the windshield gasket cost me just over $190 CDN includeing taxes .....that would be around $ 118 US

Yeggster

gotavan
04-09-2001, 11:39 PM
I took the number to the gm dealer here the parts monkey punched it in his compuker and said thats a good number. His jaw dropped when he read what was for a 1964 -1966 Van!! He thought they were extinct. He also said if I want one I gotta pay $95. first then they order it . yeeesh thanks Mr. Goodretch! maybe I'll get a tube o sillycone. Dan

Randy Osborne
04-17-2001, 05:43 PM
You guys are getting hosed on some of these prices. The part # 3794940 is a good number for the 66' windshield gasket. If you order it from www.partszone (http://www.partszone) the price including shipping is $71.10. The company is P&G Chevrolet-Oldsmobile 724-947-9501

Does anyone have the original part numbers for the front and cargo door weather stripping?

Yeggster
04-17-2001, 10:54 PM
Randy is that GM Original?

I've heard there is plenty of import reproductions.

The Original ones are all one piece no seam at the bottom

Not that it make a big differnce i guess but for the extra few bucks I'd rather have the original.......I hate leake windsheids http://www.vcvc.org/ubb/smile.gif

Yeggster

Randy Osborne
04-20-2001, 10:50 PM
Yegster,,, gm original