PDA

View Full Version : Dash Lights

Mudfly
10-02-2001, 01:49 PM
Just wondering what parts to use to replace the lights in my dashboard. There is one light that is on my speedometer and it is working, but there are no light(s) on the right for the gas gauge, Temp, pressure, etc. Also is there supposed to be a light so I can see what gear Iím in on the steering column? Sorry these are Chevan newbie questions but I am still a new owner. If it makes any difference my van is a '69.

Thanks

vannman67
10-02-2001, 08:46 PM
Actually it does make a difference that your van is a 69 since the dashes were changed from 67 on. The dash lights simply clip into a round socket in the back of the instrument panel. It should be quite simple to pull out the bad ones and replace them with new ones. If you're so inclined, the entire instrument panel can be removed quite easily and even disassembled in a matter of minutes. There is nothing complicated or tricky about it. Trust me, I've done this at least three times in the past couple of weeks trying to figure out how to adapt new gauges into my panel. Just make sure you dont lose any of the pieces. If you need any more info just let me know.

------------------
Vannman67
aka Bryan Corbitt
Vancouver,Wa
1967 Chevy Sportvan 108"

bakka
10-03-2001, 06:18 PM
I just replaced mine a short time ago. My owners manual for the 67 says it's a #1895 lamp.

MadElf
10-04-2001, 07:17 PM
I've actually used a couple differnet lights. One that's plastic & requires a seperate ground and a metal one that grounds right to the housing. Just take a measurement (or yank an existing one) and head to the parts store. You'll find something that works.

Mudfly
10-09-2001, 08:51 AM
Thanks for all the replies. I was sure it was an easy task, just better to know before you go diggin in...

Van On!

TurboVan
10-09-2001, 11:57 PM
What kind of bulbs can I put in my `65 to make the dash lites brighter? --- TV

Vanner68
10-10-2001, 06:50 PM
I don't know about brighter but 4" neon lights make em look real cool.....