Under Dash Sound Deadener Pad (Reproduction)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Canad-Ian
    Certifiable Vanatic
    • May 2015

Under Dash Sound Deadener Pad (Reproduction)

Click image for larger version

Name:	July 2016 040.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	130.4 KB
ID:	458562Click image for larger version

Name:	July 2016 039.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	134.7 KB
ID:	458563

F.Y.I:

I sent my complete (but falling apart) original 2nd generation under-dash pad into "Quiet Ride" and these are two different styles they created for me.
    The lower one in each photo is the closest to original with the correct fibre insulation. A small amount of cutting out of insulation is required.
    If you want one of these contact Jeff @ Quiet Ride in Stockton California 1-888-777-3410 or 1-209-942-4777. I don't know what they are asking for one these. I am their 1st guinea pig.
    Don't forget to ask them for the factory GM plug mounting kit that goes with it.

Tell them Ian sent you.

Thanks!
  • 1964ChevroletG10
    Van Addict
    • Jul 2015

Man maybe I ought to see if they have or will make one of these for a first gen. After my heater core started weeping onto the floorboard my perfectly preserved original got soggy. :-(

Comment

• Canad-Ian
      Certifiable Vanatic
      • May 2015

Re: First Gen

Originally posted by 1964ChevroletG10 View Post
      Man maybe I ought to see if they have or will make one of these for a first gen. After my heater core started weeping onto the floorboard my perfectly preserved original got soggy. :-(
      Give it a shot. They were happy to hear from me with the second generation pad. The owner of "quiet ride" likes these old vans.

Ian

Comment

• Billboat
        VCVC Member
        • Oct 2015

It would be great if this guy would do one for first gens!

Comment

• Billboat
          VCVC Member
          • Oct 2015

As many of you first gen owners know there is a guy on the vintage vans forum who has developed a pattern for the first gens. He had talked about making and selling them. I'm not sure where he is at with this project as he has not posted any updates in months. Does anyone know what's up him?

Comment

• Canad-Ian
            Certifiable Vanatic
            • May 2015

Originally posted by Billboat View Post
            As many of you first gen owners know there is a guy on the vintage vans forum who has developed a pattern for the first gens. He had talked about making and selling them. I'm not sure where he is at with this project as he has not posted any updates in months. Does anyone know what's up him?
            If someone has a 1st generation pad in good condition (I taped mine together) send it to Jeff @ quiet ride and they can make them. I have no affiliation with them myself. I was motivated to get a new one for myself. I like complete vehicles, bone stock.

Ian in Van-couver.

Comment

• Billboat
              VCVC Member
              • Oct 2015

Originally posted by Canad-Ian View Post
              If someone has a 1st generation pad in good condition (I taped mine together) send it to Jeff @ quiet ride and they can make them. I have no affiliation with them myself. I was motivated to get a new one for myself. I like complete vehicles, bone stock.

Ian in Van-couver.
              Ya, if I had enough left to mine I would send it to the guy you are working with so he could make me up a new one.

Keep us posted on how yours turns out! I'd be interested in knowing the cost too. Thanks!

maybe some first gen owner will read this and be willing so sent theirs in to this guy?

Comment

• gfleduc
                VCVC Member
                • Sep 2015

Kick Panel

Mine is disintegrated
                So I am in if some one get a 1st Gen layed out
                Maybe a group purchase / run would help the cause

Gary 1965
                Gary
                1965 Display

Comment

• Vanner68
                  VCVC Charter Member
                  • May 2000

I wonder what shipping would cost on a large item like that. Seems like that might be a real determining factor if the piece cannot be folded into a reasonably sized box.
                  Gregg Groff

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

1968 Chevy G20 108 panel Now with 454 power!

1965 Chevy G10 panel- OHC Pontiac inline 6

Comment

• Billboat
                    VCVC Member
                    • Oct 2015

Originally posted by gfleduc View Post
                    Mine is disintegrated
                    So I am in if some one get a 1st Gen layed out
                    Maybe a group purchase / run would help the cause

Gary 1965
                    Ya, I was thinking maybe a group purchase too...it can only help I would think.

Comment

• Billboat
                      VCVC Member
                      • Oct 2015

Originally posted by Vanner68 View Post
                      I wonder what shipping would cost on a large item like that. Seems like that might be a real determining factor if the piece cannot be folded into a reasonably sized box.
                      Shipping cost has gone nuts for sure! But, I don't think it would be heavy, maybe it could be folded, or rolled to fit into a tube???

Comment

• 1964ChevroletG10
                        Van Addict
                        • Jul 2015

Dang, mine would've made the perfect specimen for the template, before my heater core cried all over it, that is. The poor guy would be ringing out coolant from it and putting it back together like a 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle. lol

Comment

• Billboat
                          VCVC Member
                          • Oct 2015

First gen pattern

So like I said there is a guy on the other van forum who has developed a pattern for the first gens. As I mentioned he has not posted any up dates for months...a few of us have offered to buy his pattern...lets see if he responds to that offer

Comment

• Canad-Ian
                            Certifiable Vanatic
                            • May 2015

Originally posted by Billboat View Post
                            Ya, I was thinking maybe a group purchase too...it can only help I would think.
                            They sent two of them to me folded (once only) into a box the size of an apple box.

Comment

• gfleduc
                              VCVC Member
                              • Sep 2015

1st Kick Panel

Hi Gang,

1st Gen Kick Panel (Under Dash Sound Deadener Pad)

I just got a message from VANagain on the vintage van club web sight - Sounds as if he is spooling up on the project. He has a nice template already made. I would give him a message so that critical mass can come in to our favor.

Gary
                              '65 Display
                              Gary
                              1965 Display

Comment

Working...
                              X