• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VanSandy
    Certifiable Vanatic
    • Oct 2016

Headliner

Anybody still have the original headliner up in the cab area and can snap a few pictures of how it attaches above the doors and visors?
  • Chevboner
    Van Addict
    • Jan 2013

Only picture I have right now. Its tight to the ceiling probably glued. its also perforated. I can get better pictures this week.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5452.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	443298
    1965 Chevy Panel Full restoration in progress

Comment

• VanSandy
      Certifiable Vanatic
      • Oct 2016

Originally posted by Chevboner View Post
      Only picture I have right now. Its tight to the ceiling probably glued. its also perforated. I can get better pictures this week.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39019[/ATTACH]
      Thanks! So there is a big gap between the panel and the sheet metal above the door? That was the problem I was runing into trying to put a panel up. Also, is the back edge in an original bow? I awake further photos...

Comment

• Russell
        VCVC Member
        • Oct 2015

Mine is not original.

Name:	P1010001 (14).jpg
Views:	2
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	443314
        The material is attached to thin plywood shoved into the gap.

Name:	Sportvan (9).jpg
Views:	4
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	443315
        I think this is original? Maybe LuckyChucky's Van.
        1966 Sportvan Deluxe 230 3 on tree (work in progress) Now 283 small block
        1965 Sportvan Deluxe 250 powerglide (Sold)
        1966 GMC Handibus Custom 350 3 on tree

Comment

• LedZeppvan
          VCVC Member
          • Jan 2017

Originally posted by Chevboner View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39019[/ATTACH]
          That looks like what I have too...Click image for larger version

Name:	Hawk ceiling1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	443316
          Jacke

1964 GMC Handi-Van Custom 350
          1971 Ford Mustang 302
          1957 Karman Ghia Project

Comment

• kookykrispy
            VCVC Member
            • Oct 2002

On panel vans, and base model sportvan, the headliner is simply glued to the roof sheetmetal over the driver's area.

On sportvan deluxe, they had a roof bow system that held the headliner in place, and the headliner extended the full length of the van. LuckyChucky's van is a good example

64' wikivan 292 tripower/4 speed/2.56 posi
            '64 Red Baron no engine/trans
            '66 "Lucky" 230/3 onda tree/project.. soon to be 400SBC/200r/3.73 posi

Originally posted by Vanner68
            Remember, they're still printing money, but they aren't making any more earlies!

Comment

• kookykrispy
              VCVC Member
              • Oct 2002

two different headliner styles were available, depending on what submodel van you had

On panel vans, and base model sportvan, the headliner is simply glued to the roof sheetmetal over the driver's area. The "gap" is left open.

On sportvan deluxe, they had a bow system that held the headliner in place, and the headliner extended the full length of the van.

64' wikivan 292 tripower/4 speed/2.56 posi
              '64 Red Baron no engine/trans
              '66 "Lucky" 230/3 onda tree/project.. soon to be 400SBC/200r/3.73 posi

Originally posted by Vanner68
              Remember, they're still printing money, but they aren't making any more earlies!

Comment

• Tanz
                VCVC Member
                • Apr 2018

Thanks for posting up these pics. Am doing my interior and was trying to work out how the cab roofing was originally!

Comment

• VanSandy
                  Certifiable Vanatic
                  • Oct 2016

Thanks for posting these pics, I see now what the issue is with my 108. On the first gens, there is that cool step down in the roof over the cab. Second gen doesn't have that so the gap over the door is much larger. My 108 is a Sportvan Custom and I have all the headliner bows, but the plastic part that holds the headliner cardboard panels is shot. But I have none of the panels so I can't really tell how it all went together at the edges to fill the gap.

Comment

Working...
                  X