VCVC Member
    • Feb 2007

we will try this again
    1966 Chevy G10 Panel, 283 small block/turbo 350,Disc brakes

Comment

• planetvear
      VCVC Member
      • May 2006

that looks really nice bill. what a nice contrast between the red and the chrome.

Comment

• BILLS66
        VCVC Member
        • Feb 2007

Had to make a grocery run today why not take the van? Bill

Comment

• bowtied
          Certifiable Vanatic
          • Jun 2008

Just a big Christmas present right there Bill. One more piece of the proverbial puzzle! Lookin good.

Jerry

Comment

• FREETROY
            Van Addict
            • Jun 2007

bill i must say that is one bada55 van you got there if only mine looked that good i would be on top of the world

Comment

• BILLS66
              VCVC Member
              • Feb 2007

Thanks guys I had this vision of how I wanted the van and slow but sure I will get there but the best part was getting it to driver status It's great to just get in and go for a ride whenever you feel like it.
              Bill

Comment

• kookykrispy
                VCVC Member
                • Oct 2002

looks great! Its nice and sunny here, think I might take my '64 out for a little spin today.

64' wikivan 292 tripower/4 speed/2.56 posi
                '64 Red Baron no engine/trans
                '66 "Lucky" 230/3 onda tree/project.. soon to be 400SBC/200r/3.73 posi

Originally posted by Vanner68
                Remember, they're still printing money, but they aren't making any more earlies!

Comment

• BILLS66
                  VCVC Member
                  • Feb 2007

Do it Joe Bill

Comment

• BILLS66
                    VCVC Member
                    • Feb 2007

Today,I installed the refurbished vent windows and ofcourse the new used drivers window regulator,Man maybe other people don't notice the difference but I sure do,one more thing on the list of to does done and on to the next.The window fuzzies and channel runs work great and look nice Thanks wookee(Joe). Bill

Comment

• BILLS66
                      VCVC Member
                      • Feb 2007

Comment

• 66NO-DICE
                        VCVC Member
                        • Mar 2002

Bill,
                        Looks great!! Gee, thanks for reminding me..
                        just one more thing to do. Did you have to replace all the rivets? If so, how easy was it and what tools did you use?
                        Ed

Comment

• BILLS66
                          VCVC Member
                          • Feb 2007

Ed Thank You, The windows were out of my 70 parts van and they were in fabulous shape I took them to an old shop in town and the owner did not want to dissasemble them because they were in such good shape so they installed the new rubber/division seal and new wiskers were the glass slides I stripped the metal and painted .I hadn't done this for years (last one was a 67 elcamino) It was easy just a little tight in places and I made a real mess on the first side with the grease . My mistakes were not getting the window track right on the pass side (I will fix in the am tommorow) also not double checking the adjustment on the drivers door latch relay they are very sensitive no big deal I will fix that also . overall very easy. Bill

Comment

• BILLS66
                            VCVC Member
                            • Feb 2007

Well kind of interesting my paychecks haven't been the greatest since the big market crash 15 months ago so I have kinda held back and done lots of things to the van myself but no big ticket items (like paint) Last 30 days at work has been crazy and don't know how long that will last but time has been a little short so I picked up the phone today and set the apppointment for tuesday with a shop (friend) to do the pinion bearing in the rear end ,check out the axel bearings and while it's there probably have him do the dual resevoir brake master cylinder conversion.I Pride myself on doing as much as possible myself but my next couple months are hopefully so busy that I can start making some dough again.And the wife wants to take a week long road trip in june in the van maybe head south with no real game plan so it's time to finish the little odds and ends. Bill

Comment

• BILLS66
                              VCVC Member
                              • Feb 2007

Well I did it the van is at the shop to get a dual master cylinder conversion,rear end/axel bearings checked.Kind of different for me because since it came home from the body shop a year ago I have done all the work on her myself.Funny part is the shop it's at are long time friends and they do a bunch of custom work and if let loose they could go crazy on the van. Bill

Comment

• BILLS66
                                VCVC Member
                                • Feb 2007

Well the vans at the shop with the rear end out and on the work bench I am glad I took it to these long time friends, slight whine in the rear was some simple thing because it was adressed so soon it was no big deal everything else looked like new (they were surprised) unbelievable, new brakes on the rear and on to the dual master. Bill

Comment

Working...
                                X