Thread: Steering Wheel Adapter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Steering Wheel Adapter

Hey All;

Does anyone happen to know what the number would be for the PIP Steering Wheel Adapter for the 66 Chevy van? I need to install a PIP steering wheel so I can move my van. It currently doesn't have a steering wheel and I have one of the black PIP steering wheels. Thanks.
    GaryB in Prosser, Wa.
    No Chevy Van Right Now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An easy solution is you're just moving it onto a trailer would be to use a pair of vise grips...you didn't say what kind of moving you're doing so I assumed that it would be to get it onto a trailer.

SB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did have a pair of vicegrips on it but was afraid I would either mung up the splines or the threads on top. I did manage to find an adapter that would work amongst all of my stuff. The real problem is that a long time ago I installed a tilt wheel out of a 65 Grand Prix. At some point I removed the steering wheel and windshield and years worth of water has run down the steering column and it is now almost froze up. Real hard to turn. That on top of all of the tires are flat and it makes it real hard to turn the wheel. I have an electric winch on the car trailer and managed to get the van up the ramps and on top.
    GaryB in Prosser, Wa.
    No Chevy Van Right Now

VCVC Member / Moderator gregw98's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whats a PIP steering wheel? If it is a standard Grant or Superior wheel, Kit #3163 is the right one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lookinq chevelle, camero, and corvette steerinq wheels on ebay. Does that adapter you listed fit those wheels also?

User Tag List