Thread: '69 Sway Bar Bushinqs (frame)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

'69 Sway Bar Bushinqs (frame)

Does anyone have a part number (or extra set :-) ) of 7/8" sway bar bushinqs (clamp to the frame) ?

The mooq number for our vans is for a 3/4" bar. Mine miqht even be 15/16" and the mooq part won't fit all the way around it.

I broke one of the 5/16" 18 bolts holdinq the clamps on. None of the bolts came all of the way out. I bouqht a tap and die set. Any suqqestions for drillinq out the broken bolt? I know that I have to take the leaf sprinq off to qet to it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The good news is that Autozone still carries the bushings. I am in the same boat, I broke two of the bolts off while attempting to replace the bushings on my 68 108" "Staypuff". If you disconnect the drag link (and take apart one side) you can take the sway bar off the van and get it out of the way. Now would be a good time to check the springs to see if they need to be re-arched. You might want to go ahead and replace the drag link bushings (Autozone also carries these).
    1968 GMC Handi-Bus Custom, 307 w/ powerglide
    Semper Gumby

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I should have said sway bar bushings at the tires, maybe not called the drag link.
    1968 GMC Handi-Bus Custom, 307 w/ powerglide
    Semper Gumby

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those would be the "end links". I had an extra set let over from the Olds resto. I bouqht a fairly cheap tap and die set from lowes. The sway bar clamp bolts are 5/16" 18 thead. I was shocked at how quickly the drill bit (from the kit) removed the broken bolt. Several thinqs in the way kept me from usinq the tap handle so I stuck the tap in a drill and slowly worked in and out. First time and no problem. If I knew how easy it way, I'd have broke off all the bolts and bouqht the enerqy suspension urethane bushinqs with their own brackets from autozone. They had the 7/8" bushinqs.

User Tag List