Thread: Any Regrets?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any Regrets?

I guess it comes with age but I really have no regrets as to the choices I have made
    in the build of our van.Been on the road for over 3 years and the V8 Trans combo I picked
    and all the other (many) others things done along the way are as planned.Don't have a list of I wish I had done it
    another way .But there are a few parts I sold of of the parts van I wish I would have kept !!!like the perfect solid panel doors
    and the complete cross flow radiator set up DUHHHHH. Anyone else that would do something different given the opportunity??
    Bill

VCVC Member / Moderator gregw98's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, sold my last Sportvan. Two weeks after it was gone, I realized that I had screwed up. What I should have done was rented a mini-storage unit for a few months and then made up my mind. I currently have several vehicles ( more than I should) and when I get burned out, I move on to the next vehicle. Friday I worked on the Beetle and today I worked on the interior of the van. Last week it was the Chevelle. But I look back on the cars that I have had over the years (over 60) and just about everyone of them, I regret selling it. I'm happy now, at least for a little while longer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the late 70's I bought a 1965 Chevy Malibu 2 door hardtop. It had an inline six and three on the tree. It was about 90% good shape. I only had it for a year or so and wanted something with more power. It was just an old chevy so I sold it to a friend for $500. Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid. Did I mention that I was stupid?
    1965 Chevy Van - $3000
    Donor truck for motor & trans - $900
    Vintage Chevy Van Club - Priceless

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

I really do not regret selling any of the past cars I have owned.After all they where just CARS.
    Looking back on it now I do regret selling "Early Times".If that van could talk........
    This van was my 1st early and my 1st "restoration" I had ever done in my then young life.(I was in my 20's back then).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Early Times 1985.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	23.8 KB 
ID:	3490

I also regret selling my 85 Chevy van.This van was the 1st brand new vehicle I had ever bought.This one could also tell some pretty good stories.....

Name:	tube grill in the 85.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	129.7 KB 
ID:	3491

The Vans I have now I am keeping until I take a dirt nap.

Name:	2012 Co0fc's 025.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	101.2 KB 
ID:	3492

I really think there are a lot of long time van owners out there.Just because,when you get "bored" with a van.You can pick some thing out and change it.
    Unlike a car project. Vans never seem to be actually finished.IMO,it is way easier to work in new ideas into a van.
    Most van owners do most of there own work.So the changes made can be done at an affordable rate.
    The "good times" that can be had in a van,no matter what you choose to do.Can easily out number the ones that can be had in ANY other form of vehicle out there......
    I have no regrets being a Van owner or spending most of my adult life being a 2% VANNER !!!!!!!

........Wookee
    Its a "van thing". A life style you have to live to understand!!!!

VCVC Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    selling my 70 chevelle ss, my 72 judge, my 70 roadrunner, wrecking my 66 corvette, selling my 71 or 72 vette......i see a pattern here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any Regrets?

Yes and no...I regret having to give back my first van, a 1964 Chevy with a 4 cylinder that I bought it from a buddy in high school and couldn't pay it off. Then the 75 Beuville I had in 96, I didn't have the space or ability to replace the motor after it blew and then of course my 67 that Chucky found for me in Oregon. What I don't regret is all of these vans lead me to my current van and I am totally happy with this one. 350/350 90" wheelbase Sportvan is what I always wanted...so sometimes the path Is tough, but reaching the destination makes it worth it!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do not regret selling any of my junk, because there are so many other cool projects on Craigslist every day to buy and build!! I'm not a rich collector so I can't afford to keep them all, (nor do I have room for all this crap!) and its really only material items anyway.. but I can build and enjoy and sell cars and vans one by one... Over the years I've had some badass rides, Chevelles, GTO's, a '66 Nova, a 442, a Mustang, A couple old darts, jeeps, trucks, Harleys, vans etc...

for me it is like the mountain climber... its all about the journey, not the destination... once I finish a project, then I'm bored... what's next?

64' wikivan 230/4 onda tree/2.56 posi
    '64 Red Baron no engine/trans
    '66 "Lucky" 230/3 onda tree/project

Quote Originally Posted by Vanner68 View Post
    Remember, they're still printing money, but they aren't making any more earlies!

VCVC Member / Moderator gregw98's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kookykrispy View Post
    I do not regret selling any of my junk, because there are so many other cool projects on Craigslist every day to buy and build!! I'm not a rich collector so I can't afford to keep them all, (nor do I have room for all this crap!) and its really only material items anyway.. but I can build and enjoy and sell cars and vans one by one... Over the years I've had some badass rides, Chevelles, GTO's, a '66 Nova, a 442, a Mustang, A couple old darts, jeeps, trucks, Harleys, vans etc...

for me it is like the mountain climber... its all about the journey, not the destination... once I finish a project, then I'm bored... what's next?
    I concur, completely ------ NEXT!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 76 Super glide & 240 Z Wish I had them back!
    "Vannin...It's more than a Passin Fad!"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

There was a time when Early Vans where a dime a dozen........

.......Wookee

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

old 64 nova

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Ruissen View Post
    In the late 70's I bought a 1965 Chevy Malibu 2 door hardtop. It had an inline six and three on the tree. It was about 90% good shape. I only had it for a year or so and wanted something with more power. It was just an old chevy so I sold it to a friend for $500. Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid. Did I mention that I was stupid?
    I sold a wonderfull 64 nova with a 194 6 and a powerglide for 500 and have missed it ever since. damm.

VCVC Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

regrets????????????

did regret selling my 66 especially after a friend seen it a few months later looked to be hit on all 5 sides. owned it for 12years but since i found the 65 i'm over it . wish i had the window glass though nice sand blast on them weave

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the only regrets I have are selling this:

And this:

And this (not the motorhome, the Nova on the trailer):

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    of all the vehicles I have had this is the one I wish I would have kept. Bill

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Niceeeee Nomad!!!!! Yes, that was a keeper!
    "Vannin...It's more than a Passin Fad!"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

A 57 sedan delivery.
    On of my favorite sedan delivery's

.......Wookee

User Tag List