Thread: Updates to the "Dirty Van"

Van Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thought id post some pix of the updates ive made so far on what's come to be known as the "Dirty Van", aka "SS Dirtball." (Not so much because its covered in dirt, which it usually is, but because my friends perceive it as a vehicle in which one cruises the local High Schools while thinking dirty thoughts with bad intentions.) Anyway, ive mostly worked on the seating in the van. Ive switched out the front seats from the stock to some '60-something MG buckets. I really like the way they turned out! I also got some psudo-gothic turned spacey swivel chairs for the back, behind the front seats. You can see one is installed already. I put up a pic of what they looked like when i bought them in a vegas antique store. I could see the rocket ship potential through all that bent iron rod crap. Ive also put a bench back there, not bolted down yet. I found it on the boulevard of a street in Hollywood. Its my "hobo" bench. Its not too dirty. Either someone had just put it out there or it had been out there for days and has some homeless persons booze-addled-drool embeded in the upholstery. It doesnt smell so im guessing ( and hoping ) the former.
    The bench is probably too large for the space. I think ill probably just strip the brackets off of the bottom and pitch the bench its self. Id like something about 2/3 as long. Ultimately id like to get everything in coordinating black vinyl. Ill probably just spray paint the red chair or dye it black.
    Ive also posted some photochops of the graphix im working out for the sides. Just got to find some time to get around to painting it.
    thats it for now!
    later on
    vanjack

Van Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOVE THAT PASSENGER DOOR HANDLE!!! (BTDT) VAN LOOKS GOOD
    I HAVE THE SAME NO SKID ON MY DOGHOUSE

RICK

[This message has been edited by VANTREESE (edited July 25, 2006).]