Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: iPhone pictures?

  1. #1
    VCVC Member lvjjj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    BLAINE WA USA
    Posts
    3,985
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    iPhone pictures?

    Finally got an iPhone 5 which I'm using to write this. Since it takes good pictures, is there a way to post them right from the phone to a thread like this? (I'm still learning how to turn it on.
    LARRY OF THE PACIFIC NW
    1965, 292, TH350
    purchased Nov. 22, 1970

  2. #2
    Administrator smiley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    6,033
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    When you post to a thread from your phone, all the same functions work, albeit with less finesse. I put pics up from my phone more than I do from the desktop, since I rarely get to sit at it anymore.
    1966 Chevy Display, "Southern Belle"
    1968 Chevy, "Blue Overdose"

  3. #3
    VCVC Member Wookee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Joppa Maryland U.S.A.
    Posts
    15,670
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Cool

    Will a basic tutorial cover most phones out there ?
    Its a "van thing". A life style you have to live to understand!!!!

  4. #4
    VCVC Charter Member Vanner68's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Kimball MI USA
    Posts
    13,393
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150710_124710.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	62.0 KB 
ID:	22694Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150710_124710.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	62.0 KB 
ID:	22694Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150710_124710.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	62.0 KB 
ID:	22694

    Lets see if this worked
    Gregg Groff


    There's no place like 127.0.0.1

    1968 Chevy G20 108 panel Now with 454 power!

    1965 Chevy G10 panel- OHC Pontiac inline 6

  5. #5
    VCVC Charter Member Vanner68's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Kimball MI USA
    Posts
    13,393
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, it's a bit fiddly, but here's how it works. First click 'Reply'

    See the little tree in a picture frame icon? Click on that and it will open a window that allows you to browse files or take a picture with your phone. Navigate to your phone's gallery, and select the picture. Don't tap it multiple times like I did. You will then go back to the upload screen and click 'upload', then click submit post. You will end up scrolling around a bit to do this.


    I tried using manage attachments, but it wanted me to drag and drop, and I could not drag on my phone.


    I have an android phone, but since this is all web based it should be pretty much the same for iphone.
    Gregg Groff


    There's no place like 127.0.0.1

    1968 Chevy G20 108 panel Now with 454 power!

    1965 Chevy G10 panel- OHC Pontiac inline 6

  6. #6
    Administrator smiley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    6,033
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanner68 View Post
    Well, it's a bit fiddly, but here's how it works. First click 'Reply'

    See the little tree in a picture frame icon? Click on that and it will open a window that allows you to browse files or take a picture with your phone. Navigate to your phone's gallery, and select the picture. Don't tap it multiple times like I did. You will then go back to the upload screen and click 'upload', then click submit post. You will end up scrolling around a bit to do this.


    I tried using manage attachments, but it wanted me to drag and drop, and I could not drag on my phone.


    I have an android phone, but since this is all web based it should be pretty much the same for iphone.
    That's exactly how it works from my iPhone.
    1966 Chevy Display, "Southern Belle"
    1968 Chevy, "Blue Overdose"

  7. #7
    VCVC Member Soo fine customs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Big bend wi
    Posts
    77
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It works that way for me but the pictures are always side ways

  8. #8
    Administrator smiley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    6,033
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soo fine customs View Post
    It works that way for me but the pictures are always side ways
    It's the way your phone is storing the files. Open one in the phone, rotate it in edit mode, and save it again. That should do it. It happens to me sometimes.
    1966 Chevy Display, "Southern Belle"
    1968 Chevy, "Blue Overdose"

  9. #9
    VCVC Member ExEarlyVanner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Moonachie NJ
    Posts
    1,650
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Unhappy Help

    I have been trying to up load photos from my iPhone used the instructions below it lets me choose a photo but will not let me upload it ? The screen Is grayed out and only the choose file button works ? Help any one?? Is there something on my phone that is not enabled?
    Thanks Ken
    68 90 6cyl three speed

  10. #10
    Administrator smiley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    6,033
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExEarlyVanner View Post
    I have been trying to up load photos from my iPhone used the instructions below it lets me choose a photo but will not let me upload it ? The screen Is grayed out and only the choose file button works ? Help any one?? Is there something on my phone that is not enabled?
    Thanks Ken
    It happens with mine too. Once you click the chaos file button and the screen appears to gray out, you need to zoom out a little. When you do, you'll see the button allowing you to select a photo from your phone. Mine takes a ew seconds to upload, but it will toss you back to the reply screen when the pic is finished uploading.
    1966 Chevy Display, "Southern Belle"
    1968 Chevy, "Blue Overdose"

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •