• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KISSfan
    VCVC Member
    • Aug 2016

Junkyard find! 4 second gens...

A friend of mine went to an epic junk yard closing sale a few weeks ago in Iowa. On the way there , he spotted Doug's 4-wheelers in Pella Iowa. He stopped and found 2 second gen Chevy's and sent me some pictures.
    I am thinking of replacing my cargo doors to doors without windows.
    I had the day off so I decided to make the 3hr drive one way to check these vans out in person.
    When I got there, there were 4 2nd gen vans, One was a no door, and the other was a Sportvan ('68-'70). The others were all '67's.
    I found some parts I was interested in and made my way back to the shop to talk to Doug. We took a drive and looked at the parts in person and talked price.
    I paid, and then I went pullin.
    I ended up with a really nice dash pad and a complete set of side badges with the "90" emblems.
    The door were a little to rough for me, but there re lots of parts left on these 'ol girls.
    I forgot to buy one or two things I had my eye on, but now I get to go back!

Here is the website: https://www.dougs4-wheelers.com/doug...d-chevy-s.html

and if you look through the pictures in the bottom left album you will see two of the four there.
    These are not going to the crusher any time soon. I'll add more pictures when I get them off my phone.
    This yard is located SE of Des Moines in Pella Iowa.
    1967 G10. 350 4bbl, Factory Powerglide.
  • RAY68108
    Certifiable Vanatic
    • Oct 2007

Looks like a spring road trip is on the list.
    68 108 panel parts donor
    69 108 sportvan deluxe 350 4bbl 700R4 3:36 posi
    68 108 sportvan custom 350 4bbl 700R4

Comment

• KISSfan
      VCVC Member
      • Aug 2016

Originally posted by RAY68108 View Post
      Looks like a spring road trip is on the list.
      I'm not sure where you are from, but the yard has tons of vintage stuff! I admit, I didn't have time to explore the whole thing, but there were 4 2nd gens there that I saw.

Happy hunting!
      1967 G10. 350 4bbl, Factory Powerglide.

Comment

Working...
      X