Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Movin' on but "Keep On Truckin'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Movin' on but "Keep On Truckin'

Hey all, on the very VERY off chance someone here missed me, I've moved on. My 15 years on the VCVC have been for the most part delightful. My meeting with 108vanguy and the meeting of others in the past prompted me to say: 'Keep on Truckin' A proper goodbye.
    It was very nice to meet 108vanguy today. He pretty much typifies the experience I've had on the VCVC. That I will miss very much. I was telling him today that I have been to dozens of websites and the VCVC blows them all away. I've been to hundreds of car shows. One thing in common. Attitude. The few people I have had the pleasure of meeting, simply the best.
    I sold my van in July. I'm still very much involved in the car culture and will always gravitate towards the van people although they are very scarce at any car show. I've moved on to the old station wagons, a bit more family friendly for the wife and dog. That's not to say I won't lurk on occasion but I know my place. I of course follow with great interest the progress being made on van innovations, parts being reproduced or manufactured in the interest of keeping these unique vehicles on the road. That said, anyone is welcomed to send me personal messages. I'm not sure what is on my personal page but I think I still have 2002 VCVC Rally pics there, maybe some other stuff, I'm not sure. If anyone is ever in town, look me up. My info is on my page. We had a horrific fire in my area but we are still standing Sonoma County strong...

In conclusion, kudos to Smiley!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You sir I will miss...
    If you are not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space

Steve
    1967 Chevy 90 "Space Truckin"
    350sbc, Sanderson Block Hugger Headers, HEI, Qjet carb, Art Carr THM 200 4r Transmission, 3:36 posi rear end, 12si alternator

1973 Chevy 110 "Orange Bang" w emphasis on the BANG :-)
    350sbc, HEI, Qjet carb, 3:40 gears, "Cruiseaire" Original

VCVC Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best wishes Dan, thanks for letting me take you for a putt in my nodoor at the Shasta Lake get together years ago.
    Craig

Van Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Group hug!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well Dan, you know you always have a home here, van or no van.

Thank you for being part of this family for the past 15 years!
    1966 Chevy Display, "Southern Belle"
    1968 Chevy, "Blue Overdose"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

I personally have missed your input on our forums for quite some time.
    Glad to hear of the new wife, and pet dog.Your new venture also sounds interesting
    I personally spent my child hood years riding in my dad's station wagons.
    Have fun as your journey though life takes you down another path.

.............Wookee
    Its a "van thing". A life style you have to live to understand!!!!

VCVC Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Santa Rosa Trip

It was great meeting Dan and checking out his garage. It's stuffed with 50's and 60's memorabilia from floor to ceiling. Since he had sold his van, he offered me this great metal plaque.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5644.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	194.9 KB 
ID:	34831
    It's backdropped against my VCVC jacket. When I saw the surfboard and Tiki grille, I knew it had to be given to FreakyTikiTV. Dan and I both agreed that it should go to Bill. So, Bill, I know I've already hooked up with you on this so the next time we meet, it's yours. (But not the jacket, sorry;>).

I agree with Wookee. I miss Dan's input. Dan you are missed, sorry you sold your van. You're welcome around here anytime.

BTW, on the way back to Sacramento, I took Hwy 12 back and you could see the fire scars from the road. Some home were reduced to burnt out cinders with only hulks of cars and homes left. Right next to that was another home completely untouched. This could be seen many times. Amazing. I guess Dan's home was within a mile of where the fire was stopped. This was not out in the country, this was suburbia. Anyway, Dan's home was spared and he continues to restore classic cars. Thanks again Dan for the visit and plaque!
    108VanGuy...
    1969 Chevy Panel, 250 CID, 3 Spd.with OD, 3.36 "WedgieVan" Daily Driver
    1967 Chevy Panel, 230 CID, 3 Spd. 3.36 "UtiliVan" 292 TFI coming. Owned since 76
    1964 GMC Panel, 194 CID, 3 Spd. "CruchoVan"
    1965 GMC HandiBus Custom, 194 CID, 3 Spd. "MilkVan" Seized Engine
    1965 Chevy Panel 350 CID 6 cylinder, 3 Spd. "RustoRoof" Runs but wiring bad
    1969 Chevy 108 Display 307 CID THM 350 Power Brakes 3.73 Posi
    1965 Chevy Panel, V8, 3 Spd. "Gold Hills Van" Best body of my 65s
    1965 CamperVan

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck, Dan, in you endeavors.... don't be a stranger!
    Gregg Groff

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

1968 Chevy G20 108 panel Now with 454 power!

1965 Chevy G10 panel- OHC Pontiac inline 6

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You da man, Dan!
    It was a pleasure to meet you, so long ago.
    Keep one foot in the gutter, one fist in the gold...

'65 Panel, with turbocharged 327 (originally 153 four), TH400 (originally 3-speed), and 3.31 '67 Camaro 12 bolt rear (my first car, 1970)
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...meE_Jf-hgJU2mG

'69 Sportvan 108 with turbocharged original 250 six and 700R4 (originally Powerglide), 3.73 rear, starred in eight Taco Bell commercials
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDfPJ3xmwjY

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys, thanks for the nice comments! Seriously didn't expect such nice thoughts.
    Look, I just wanted to bring attention to the fires in L.A and wish all my van and car buddies the best under these bad times. Turbovan comes to mind as he lives in a very fire prone area and I hope he is well.
    I know it didn't come up on these forums (unless I missed it) but October was a crappy month for us in Santa Rosa and surrounding areas. I counted dozens of classic cars that were burned in the fire. We lost historic buildings and landmarks we were all accustomed to seeing everyday not to mention complete neighborhoods. Honestly it's been pretty depressing. We now have the reputation as having the worst fires in history.
    For those not familiar with California we occasionally get Santa Ana winds in the fall but they can occur anytime. My brother who lives in Ramona and my parents who live in Lakeside were almost victims of the last round of fires that swept through SoCal a few years ago. Areas of Little Tujunga Canyon were burned in this latest fire. I grew up in that canyon on a Ranch that was subject to both fire and flood back in the 60's and 70's. Oh yeah and the '71 earthquake in San Fernando. Geez... it's not a cliché, we really do get all 3 and sometimes all in the same year.

User Tag List