Thread: Front windows

VCVC Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Front windows

When I roll either of my front windows down they roll down crooked and I have to straighten them up by hand and kind of help them along to get them up or down . Last winter I replaced the track and it helped I was wondering if the regulators are bad or did I maybe get the track in there wrong ? Thanks

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    could just need track adjusted/tightened. is the run channel (rubber in the track) in good shape?
    '64 chevy, 292 40 over, 206/526 cam, 2004r trans. 9.75:1, dual webbers, Langdon cast headers, 1.94 valves

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The little tab on the bottom of the track that holds it to the door may have broken off.
    Gregg Groff

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

1968 Chevy G20 108 panel Now with 454 power!

1965 Chevy G10 panel- OHC Pontiac inline 6

VCVC Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanner68 View Post
    The little tab on the bottom of the track that holds it to the door may have broken off.
    I took door panel off today. The track that you were talking about was not in the right hole. There were other holes there that someone had put there at some point. Last winter I did have that piece off and fix it because it was broke on bottom. It rolls up pretty good now but when I roll it down it still goes crooked . I didnít check the front piece . The track that is on the bottom of the window is not in great shape and might be hanging up . I only have to straighten the window up once now to get it to go down . Thanks

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If the weatherstripping in either the front or rear track is missing, it'll hang up like that.
    1966 Chevy Display, "Southern Belle"
    1968 Chevy, "Blue Overdose"

VCVC Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the same problem with both my door windows. The drivers side I can just push down from the top of the glass and the passenger side one goes down all crooked and wonky. I need to look and see what's going on inside the doors.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    having good run channel/weatherstripping is important. without it, the top will always be loose.
    '64 chevy, 292 40 over, 206/526 cam, 2004r trans. 9.75:1, dual webbers, Langdon cast headers, 1.94 valves

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mine have done that for years, too lazy to fix them I guess. I did fix the rear channel where the lower connection point had rusted out. bent a little piece of steel at a 90* angle and riveted it in. Helped some.
    LARRY OF THE PACIFIC NW
    1965, 292, TH350
    purchased Nov. 22, 1970

VCVC Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lvjjj View Post
    mine have done that for years, too lazy to fix them I guess. I did fix the rear channel where the lower connection point had rusted out. bent a little piece of steel at a 90* angle and riveted it in. Helped some.
    Thatís pretty much what I did on the drivers side of mine. The other side was still good.

User Tag List