Thread: Just felt like rambling

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Just felt like rambling

I'm on the site every day, but I don't always say much. The job keeps me pretty occupied. There's this other thing out there, Facebook, that has a lot of new early owners on it. These days, when you have a question, you ask Facebook. Weird, but whatever. There's a page on that site called "Vintage Chevy Van Owners". I didn't start it. The guy who did doesn't own a van. Last summer, he made me an adminstrator. Since then, I've been answering tons of questions. Since Facebook isn't exactly searchable (unlike real websites), you end up answering the same things a lot. I don't mind. I try to direct everyone I come in contact with, to our site. Many have. I get texts and messages from at least a dozen people a day with questions. On that site, some of you have really gone out of your way to help these new guys, promoted our club, and encouraged them to join our forums.

It's something that just about every one of us does, instinctively. We help, we encourage people to join our community, and we're tireless in that endeavor. For over 20 years, all I've wanted to do is help people who were in the same helpless position I was when I bought my '66. Some of you set a real example for me. Now, it seems everyone I know is a selfless crusader for the same cause. I couldn't be happier about the members of our club. You guys are like no other people I've ever known. If only everybody had a community like this to belong to.

Just a thought I had today, while answering texts, on a ladder, 15' in the air, with a paint brush in the other hand.

Thank you all for always helping the next guy.
    1966 Chevy Display, "Southern Belle"
    1968 Chevy, "Blue Overdose"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speaking for myself, I've been in some sort of service job since I started working so it's kind of hard to 'turn it off'.

I would say that without a doubt, there is more Early Chevy knowledge collectively on this site than there is at GM.
    Gregg Groff

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

1968 Chevy G20 108 panel Now with 454 power!

1965 Chevy G10 panel- OHC Pontiac inline 6

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

I joined Facebook to post pictures of Vans.....

That being said,The way you set our site / home up.Being able to do a search and come up with information about these vans we all love, is a very handy tool.This tool can be used by a Vanner with minimal key board skills...

The down side to the Van sites on facebook is any one can visit these van sites.
    The way you set our site up helps to filter out a certain type of person.
    I will not label that type of person..
    Thank you again, for all you have done for the Vintage Chevy Van owners and the van community....

......Wookee
    Last edited by Wookee; 06-27-2018 at 07:39 AM.
    Its a "van thing". A life style you have to live to understand!!!!

VCVC Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bob Sarubbi

u guys r the heartbeat. I being a newb. 2nd gen 67 283 3 on tree owner. u taught me alot. truly dedicated club guy thanks Bob mattituck LI NY

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you

Everything I know and need to know about these vans is thanks to all of you here. A huge Thank You to all of you!
    [SIGPIC]
    1968 90" Chevy van
    250ci I6 4l60e Trans

Certifiable Vanatic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post
    Everything I know and need to know about these vans is thanks to all of you here. A huge Thank You to all of you!
    Same goes for me - THANKS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post
    Same here. Without this site, I’d be lost and wouldn’t have my van knowledge or driving experiences. (And with a few less friends)
    1966 Sportvan - 1963 VW Bug

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Smiley for all your hard work for this club. I've been an early vanner since 1970 and spent years fixing it up, making a lot of mistakes, then fixing them. I felt like a lone wolf as didn't know any other van owners. Then in about '07 I accidently discovered this site and couldn't believe it, there was another person or two out there who drove earlies.

All of a sudden I had answers to questions I'd never been able to figure out and guys like kk, Wookie, V68, optik, planetvear, etc. set me straight and saved me a lot of time and money with their helpful advice.

The best thing, is that its a friendly group of guys (and one girl) who are always ready to help.
    LARRY OF THE PACIFIC NW
    1965, 292, TH350
    purchased Nov. 22, 1970

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup, I understand Smiley, I'm also an Astro Dude and see a bunch of the same questions over and over on the FB pages too. I also got tired of it but asked others to help pay it forward so that helps my sanity.
    I would be SOL without you and this community and am very grateful. I will continue to pay it forward here too, once I learn enough to share anything helpful hahaha
    WimpTech... Precision Guesswork, questionable results.

Certifiable Vanatic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't stand Facebook, such a confusing user interface. I never use it to post pics of my kids, my activities etc. I'm sure everyone at my old school are pissed they don;t know what I'm up to 42 years later LOL!!

I joined that early van owners group a while back, and just went there now. There are some cool pictures, but as a place to seek and share information, it just doesn't seem like a good platform. This is the place to be for learning about the vans, how to find parts, etc. I simply just would never be able to own and operate one without all you good folks since I never learned how to work on cars as a kid. So thanks again Smiley!

User Tag List