Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chevy sport van - 1967? -

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chevy sport van - 1967? -

Looks like a 66 maybe, thought the front changed in 67

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/cto/d/chevy-sport-van-1967/6674421375.html

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	00B0B_7My2Fb2Q2xZ_1200x900.jpg 
Views:	369 
Size:	69.9 KB 
ID:	37490
    Last edited by dougw1; 09-15-2018 at 05:10 PM.

Van Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello all,
    Cosmetically, what condition would you say this van is in? And what would it cost to replace the passenger side triangle and the driver side windows?
    thanks.
    g10guy
    Last edited by G10guy; 09-16-2018 at 05:08 PM.

Certifiable Vanatic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G10guy View Post
    Hello all,
    Cosmetically, what condition would you say this van is in? And what would it cost to replace the passenger side triangle and the driver side windows?
    thanks.
    g10guy
    Cosmetically? Rough

The two missing windows are the least of the issues with this van. I guess you have to call and ask if the motor runs, turns over, when was it last on the road....

I like how he says it's restoreable. So are all the other "gonna fix it up someday" cars and trucks all over the country. That said, since it's in my town, I wish I had room for it.

Van Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,thanks
    Iím actually addressing cosmetics first because in another thread it was recommended to put bodywork first then mechanics. Something like that itís easier to work on the engine.
    thanks,
    g10guy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G10guy View Post
    Hi,thanks
    Iím actually addressing cosmetics first because in another thread it was recommended to put bodywork first then mechanics. Something like that itís easier to work on the engine.
    thanks,
    g10guy
    Call him & ask for more detailed pictures of the rockers, wheel wells etc. A phone call would maybe get more info & if he'll give more pics of prone bad spots would answer a lot of questions.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This picture tells a story....

That big rust spot is in an unusual location. Looks to me like there was a bit of bondo there. Since that's not a common area to rust, I would suspect some damage occurred there.

Ask for pictures of the cab floors. Some rust and pinholes are ok, but it's common for large areas to rust away. It's not a difficult repair, but it's something to take into consideration. No pics of the rear in the ad, maybe damage or rust there too.

The price seems high to me. Non-running with some body issues shouldn't be more than $2k- at $3500 your only $1000 away from what I've seen decent drivers sell for.

Glass for a 1st gen is not a big deal, any glass shop can cut safety glass to fit.
    Gregg Groff

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

1968 Chevy G20 108 panel Now with 454 power!

1965 Chevy G10 panel- OHC Pontiac inline 6

Certifiable Vanatic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting that there are no holes for the bow-tie on the nose. Sure it may have been repainted long ago but why remove the bow-tie and fill in the holes, they left the Sportvan emblems in place.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VanSandy View Post
    Interesting that there are no holes for the bow-tie on the nose. Sure it may have been repainted long ago but why remove the bow-tie and fill in the holes, they left the Sportvan emblems in place.
    If it was reskinned back when fairly new, the replacement sheetmetal did not have holes punched. It was up to the bodyshop to drill holes for either the bowtie or GMC letters.

My 68 suffered front end damage early in it's life, there are no holes for the bowtie.
    Gregg Groff

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

1968 Chevy G20 108 panel Now with 454 power!

1965 Chevy G10 panel- OHC Pontiac inline 6

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanner68 View Post
    If it was reskinned back when fairly new, the replacement sheetmetal did not have holes punched. It was up to the bodyshop to drill holes for either the bowtie or GMC letters.

My 68 suffered front end damage early in it's life, there are no holes for the bowtie.

Hmmm...no holes for the mirrors either...
    If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space..JM2C...hehehe
    Steve

1967 Chevy 90 "Space Truckin"
    350 SBC 260hp/ 350tq, MSD HEI, Holley 4150, Sanderson Block Hugger Headers, BowTie 700R4, 3:36 posi

1973 Chevy 110 "Orange Bang" w emphasis on the BANG :-)
    383 Stroker 440hp/ 480tq, MSD 6AL/ HEI, FiTech, Hooker Full length Headers, BowTie 700R4, 3:73/ Eaton Truetrac, "Cruiseaire" Original

Certifiable Vanatic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I called this guy yesterday and got some info, he was real nice. Sounds like it has potential.

User Tag List