Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wild Cherry is in the clink ....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wild Cherry is in the clink ....

IMHO... Good
    1969 GE "90" Panel TH 350

VCVC Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The guy should have tried to find the owners in my opinion, since he didn't I believe he did a nice restoration for them ! Don't quite understand why he didn't just build a replica.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For those of you who are not on Facebook. Short story .... a guy drove from Iowa to Cali to take a old custom van named Wild Cherry off of someone’s locked property. Thought I’d was abandoned. Restored it with go fund me proceeds etc. Owners of the van pressed charges and he is in jail. Probably you can search the internet. It was a good read
    1969 GE "90" Panel TH 350

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wild Cherry

My buddy is a cop and his Co worker is the investigator on the case. The dude was extradited from Iowa to Cali
    Dude claims he doesn't know where the van is now.
    To
    70 Chevy G10 90" 350/w automatic

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gta wild cherry.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	19.0 KB 
ID:	37654

I had a little quick fun with it in photoshop
    Gregg Groff

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

1968 Chevy G20 108 panel Now with 454 power!

1965 Chevy G10 panel- OHC Pontiac inline 6

Certifiable Vanatic Z-Machine (aka VanZack)'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hadn't heard about this. It does seem to be slightly complicated...

“(Carter) has no idea the sentimental value that I hold in my heart for that van,” Godin said. “... It’s been mine since I was 16. He has no idea what it means to me.”

Hmm...

A locked gate caused a moment of despair, Carter said, but a local landowner agreed to open it and let him drive up the dirt road. The landowner called another neighbor, a deputy sheriff, who arrived in his squad car, as shown in a photo that Carter took at the scene. The Illinois men loaded up the van and hauled it down the mountain.

When all is said and done, if it was on her property, she owns it, and he stole it.

I have acquired abandoned vehicles before. There are certain procedures for obtaining ownership of these vehicles. Here in WA, you can't get true ownership for three years after going through the process, during which time the prior owner can lay claim to the vehicle. In this case, seems the prior owner wants her van back. But it does seem kind of silly for Carter to be in jail over it, since there was a sheriff at the scene overseeing the removal of the "abandoned" van.
    Last edited by Z-Machine (aka VanZack); 10-10-2018 at 12:40 AM.
    1969 G10 108, 307 V8, TH350, 3.08 gears...for now...
    ...and the old 66...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

While I did not make the Nationals this year.
    I did talk to a few long time Vanners.Who told me they got an uneasy feeling about Mr Carter.
    He did show up at the Van Nationals with this van.
    As this story proceeds,it just keeps getting a bit more twisted.
    Of coarse Facebook has really added to a lot of miss information about this whole story.
    While most where hoping this would shed a positive light on our vanning life style.
    Unfortunately this story has been every thing but positive.
    Because Mr.Carter was to go to court for divorce proceedings.
    It made it easy for officials to locate him.
    Posting all of his actions on Facebook.Just helped to document the entire episode.
    Some body will now own a fully restored Early 3rd Gen.
    The court system will have to decide who that owner will be..

Its a "van thing". A life style you have to live to understand!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wild Cherry Found

My sherriff buddy said the dude was put on a plane to Cali yesterday and is now in Lancaster Police Department jail. The van was dropped off in the middle of the night near the Van Nuys Police Department totally stripped. No doors, no engine or trans, no interior, just the shell.

Certifiable Vanatic Z-Machine (aka VanZack)'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by jmr View Post
    My sherriff buddy said the dude was put on a plane to Cali yesterday and is now in Lancaster Police Department jail. The van was dropped off in the middle of the night near the Van Nuys Police Department totally stripped. No doors, no engine or trans, no interior, just the shell.
    I hope he gets more jail time for this. You know his cronies did this, most likely with his blessing or at his direction. This is spiteful, and it really shows he never really gave a damn about the van. The van should not have been stripped of parts, but being that it was, the parts should go back to those who donated them.

Something folks probably don't realize, is the original owner may never get the van back, because the towing/storage bill, and the cost of transportation back to her property may be more than she can afford for an old stripped van. And she's not likely to ever get the money out of Chris Carter, even if he's ordered to pay for it. This really irritates the piss outta me. I've had it happen to me.

There are groups of shitty people who live in this valley that I live in. They would do exactly this sort of thing.
    Last edited by Z-Machine (aka VanZack); 10-27-2018 at 09:22 PM.
    1969 G10 108, 307 V8, TH350, 3.08 gears...for now...
    ...and the old 66...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree

Quote Originally Posted by Z-Machine (aka VanZack) View Post
    I hope he gets more jail time for this. You know his cronies did this, most likely with his blessing or at his direction. This is spiteful, and it really shows he never really gave a damn about the van. The van should not have been stripped of parts, but being that it was, the parts should go back to those who donated them.

Something folks probably don't realize, is the original owner may never get the van back, because the towing/storage bill, and the cost of transportation back to her property may be more than she can afford for an old stripped van. And she's not likely to ever get the money out of Chris Carter, even if he's ordered to pay for it. This really irritates the piss outta me. I've had it happen to me.

There are groups of shitty people who live in this valley that I live in. They would do exactly this sort of thing.
    I agree, I hope he gets more jail time too, total douchebag move on his part.

User Tag List