Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wiring Harness Direct Replacement kit section

New Guy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wiring Harness Direct Replacement kit section

I'm temporarily offering this section of direct replacement wiring harness as a kit with connectors. It runs from the dash, over the driver's door, and stops just past the rear wheel well. If you are interested, please PM with your email address and location.

The price for 1964-1965 (no backup wire) is $32 plus $6.70 priority shipping.
    The price for 1966-1970 short length vans (with backup wire) is $33.30 plus $6.70 priority shipping.

Once I run out of materials I probably will not offer to make more. It's more effort than my schedule allows.

The colors of the wire are the same as the original and are true 16 AWG. (Wiring diagrams found online state the originals are made from lighter 18 gauge.) The wire is about 4-5 inches longer than the originals to provide a little extra room under the dash.

It includes a full 6-way connector (2x3) to optionally replace the original (1x6). It also includes connector halves for all of the new terminals. (I recommend against reusing your original 6-way connector due to the male terminals not being quite as low profile as the ones from the sixties. Newly made connectors for male terminals are larger internally to accommodate newer male terminals.)

I'm using expandable braided PET sleeving for protection against abrasion instead of black cloth tape like our original harnesses. (PET in black costs 4-5 times more than what I paid for this color. It'll all be out of site once installed.)

The reason I chose to continue use of these original delphi terminals is because if I were to cut the 6 wires behind my connector, 3 of the wires would have been impossibly short. Too short to strip and crimp new terminals. Yours are likely that way too. Replacing this section of wire fixed two of my electrical problems. This section cannot be inspected for damage because it's fully wrapped in 50+ year old hardened tape and inaccessible above the door.

I can also provide basic installation instructions.

If you are interested, please let me know right away. I'll do my best to get it shipped within 36 hours.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails harness800px.jpg  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PM sent
    Mike

VCVC Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wiring Harness Direct Replacement kit section

Gang - I received mine - he did a really nice job.
    Gary
    1965 Display

New Guy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi van-itti,
    I have a harness ready. Please check your inbox.
    Thanks

VCVC Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Harness

Hi.

PM sent.

Harry

Certifiable Vanatic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bat View Post
    I'm temporarily offering this section of direct replacement wiring harness as a kit with connectors. It runs from the dash, over the driver's door, and stops just past the rear wheel well. If you are interested, please PM with your email address and location.

The price for 1964-1965 (no backup wire) is $32 plus $6.70 priority shipping.
    The price for 1966-1970 short length vans (with backup wire) is $33.30 plus $6.70 priority shipping.

Once I run out of materials I probably will not offer to make more. It's more effort than my schedule allows.

The colors of the wire are the same as the original and are true 16 AWG. (Wiring diagrams found online state the originals are made from lighter 18 gauge.) The wire is about 4-5 inches longer than the originals to provide a little extra room under the dash.

It includes a full 6-way connector (2x3) to optionally replace the original (1x6). It also includes connector halves for all of the new terminals. (I recommend against reusing your original 6-way connector due to the male terminals not being quite as low profile as the ones from the sixties. Newly made connectors for male terminals are larger internally to accommodate newer male terminals.)

I'm using expandable braided PET sleeving for protection against abrasion instead of black cloth tape like our original harnesses. (PET in black costs 4-5 times more than what I paid for this color. It'll all be out of site once installed.)

The reason I chose to continue use of these original delphi terminals is because if I were to cut the 6 wires behind my connector, 3 of the wires would have been impossibly short. Too short to strip and crimp new terminals. Yours are likely that way too. Replacing this section of wire fixed two of my electrical problems. This section cannot be inspected for damage because it's fully wrapped in 50+ year old hardened tape and inaccessible above the door.

I can also provide basic installation instructions.

If you are interested, please let me know right away. I'll do my best to get it shipped within 36 hours.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Bat,

I sent you a p.m.

Thanks!

Ian

New Guy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you've PM'd me, I've replied. Please get in touch with me asap so I can ship.
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine should arrive today. Looking forward to getting it installed.
    That leaves just the rear most section with tail lights, plate light and back-ups.

Oh...the engine...thats another section.
    Although the point distributor is working fine Id like to switch to HEI.
    Mike

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, first posts from a new member and totally knocked it out of the park!

Anybody needing wiring should jump on this. If I wasn't cash strapped at the moment I'd be ordering 'just because'.
    Gregg Groff

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

1968 Chevy G20 108 panel Now with 454 power!

1965 Chevy G10 panel- OHC Pontiac inline 6

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Harness arrived. Everything looks great.
    The outer "pet" coating is really rugged and should withstand years.
    I will post a couple pics as soon as its installed.

For $40 this is a great deal.

Thank you Bat!

...how about a 6cyl HEI harness...??
    Mike

User Tag List