here's mine from 2009

http://www.angelfire.com/wv/joyrde/v...nacpartsb3.xls

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

Thank you
    If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space..JM2C...hehehe
    Steve

1967 Chevy 90 "Space Truckin"
    350 SBC 260hp/ 350tq, MSD HEI, Holley 4150, Sanderson Block Hugger Headers, BowTie 700R4, 3:36 posi

1973 Chevy 110 "Orange Bang" w emphasis on the BANG :-)
    383 Stroker 440hp/ 480tq, MSD 6AL/ HEI, FiTech, Hooker Full length Headers, BowTie 700R4, 3:73/ Eaton Truetrac, "Cruiseaire" Original

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Staypuff68 View Post
    http://www.rainbowproductsonline.com...ts/ac-kits.php

I plan on have the A/C in the rear blow down from the ceiling, kinda like a new minivan.

I did the opposite. I wanted the A/C to blow across the headliner, and drop - hopefully cooling more ambient air. Seems to work well. my rear unit's blower is incrediable!!! - - - Vintage Air Monster Cooler

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.rainbowproductsonline.com...ts/ac-kits.php

I plan on have the A/C in the rear blow down from the ceiling, kinda like a new minivan.

I did the opposite. I wanted the A/C to blow across the headliner, and drop - hopefully cooling more ambient air. Seems to work well. my rear unit's blower is incrediable!!! - - Vintage air Monster cooler

https://www.jegs.com/i/VPA/960/68500...SABEgI1YvD_BwE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well the money was taken out of the account, so I should be getting a box of A/C goodies soon. Either that or a trip to North Carolina to deliver 10 lbs of whoop-ass in a 6 lb sock. If/when this all works out I need to send a shout out to gregw98. I saw his thread and built my package on its shoulders. So to Greg, thanks.
    1968 GMC Handi-Bus Custom, 307 w/ powerglide
    Semper Gumby

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Well the money was taken out of the account, so I should be getting a box of A/C goodies soon. Either that or a trip to North Carolina to deliver 10 lbs of whoop-ass in a 6 lb sock. If/when this all works out I need to send a shout out to gregw98. I saw his thread and built my package on its shoulders. So to Greg, thanks.
    I can't wait to see the finished "cool" van. I envy you guys with the ability to do these kinds of additions. Great luck on the job ahead. How exciting to have air front and rear!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Media Blasting

Second step complete (first step was the cab disassembly): 5 bags of super fine crushed glass, three hours of work, $500 and one slightly annoyed neighbor later, the cab is ready for prime and paint. Once the temps stay above 60 that is.

The king pins and drag are makings came in the mail and did $1350 worth of A/C kitting. Thinking about sending the under dash unit back and getting a hidden unit,the vents of the under dash kinda point at the dog house.

Speaking of, does anyone want/need a heat box? Yours for the cost of shipping if you are interested. Also I still have a 15 gallon gas tank up for grabs, same deal yours for the cost of shipping.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20190126_111819.jpg   IMG_20190126_111750.jpg  
    Semper Gumby

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Steering Column disassembly

I need to take the steering column apart to take the out piece to the powder coaters. Do I need to take the steering wheel off? Also anybody have any idea how to take the shifter column apart with out tearing up the rubber boot that goes on the floor?
    Semper Gumby

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Answered my own question, but....

Finally got around to pulling the steering wheel, after that it came apart after the taking the turn signal cam apart. Now at the powder coaters.
    What puzzles me is that the steering column was upside down for a couple of weeks. When I took the horn button off, the whole head was full of oil. Had the consistency of gear oil but not the smell. The steering gear has been untouched for 50 years, and after I righted the column for a day or so the oil went back down into the gear. DO I need to open up the gear box and repack it with "corn head" grease or just leave well enough alone? Opinions?
    Semper Gumby

User Tag List