• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • joyrde
    VCVC Member
    • Jan 2002

WOW

Had to share this - - - WOW
    Advertise your classic car or truck for sale on our online classified ads website. Advertise used parts, nostalgic memorabilia, transport trailers and vintage travel trailers for sale. Car Shows, Cruise-ins, Swap meets.
  • smiley
    Administrator
    • Apr 2000

Wow, is right. I didn't know Chuck was selling.
    1966 Chevy Display, "Southern Belle"
    1968 Chevy, "Blue Overdose"

Comment

• van-itti
      VCVC Member
      • Jan 2008

What a beauty!
      Interesting to know what he gets for it.

Nice work Chuck.
      Mike

Comment

• Wookee
        VCVC Member
        • Oct 2002

That is a very good example of how a for sale add should be written.
        I am disappointed that I am broke.
        That is a Fly Out And Drive Back quality van.

Wow what an adventure that would be.
        Its a "van thing". A life style you have to live to understand!!!!

Comment

• Wookee
          VCVC Member
          • Oct 2002

Wow.....
          Its a "van thing". A life style you have to live to understand!!!!

Comment

• kookykrispy
            VCVC Member
            • Oct 2002

cash in now baby!!

I hope he gets his price. Beautiful van

64' wikivan 292 tripower/4 speed/2.56 posi
            '64 Red Baron no engine/trans
            '66 "Lucky" 230/3 onda tree/project.. soon to be 400SBC/200r/3.73 posi

Originally posted by Vanner68
            Remember, they're still printing money, but they aren't making any more earlies!

Comment

• LuckyChucky
              VCVC Member
              • Jul 2000

It took long enough...

I was surprised at the time it took for this to be discovered! The ad started in November, looked for it to be seen. Well let me tell the story behind the ad.

It seems that they are being monitored by scammers. Here is the story as I sent it to the site to tell them what went on.

Hello,

Just had the infamous Capt Amalbertini with the email address [email protected] from CSDS Aircraft out of Los Angeles, CA. Contact me. Actually it was a few weeks ago, this was on 12/11/2018 by email. Told me that he had tried to contact me by phone with no success.

Then we exchanged a few emails, I got a little suspicious of him because he was not interested in the vehicle. A few emails went by and I agreed a lower price just to see his next move was. We agreed upon $25K he then told the funds will be in the mail, made a small mistake of getting an address to him. When he emailed me he said that "they" made a mistake and sent 35K instead. Well then I knew I had him on the hook time to set the hook.

Took the check to the bank, they ran it and found that the account was non-existent.

Now came the "deal", I need to send him 10K for the scheduling of a pickup.... yea right! Well that is when he started calling me as my number is in the ad, my mistake I guess. Upon his veiled threat I informed him that I was a retired DOD employee, he did not understand what that meant LOL! Actually I have 3+ years in Vietnam, so well protected here.

I just do not want others to fall for this crook. By the way the"check" was mailed from Macon GA, that is where a large prison is located. The envelop also looked like it came from the slammer, small and light weight. Now the check was hand written by one person looked like they do not know how to write well. The envelope my wife said was a female hand writing. If you want I can send you a copy of the check, let me know. One additional point is when I contacted the local Sheriff They gave me a email address to report internet scams. ic3.gov is the address.

Finally I wish to thank you for this service doing it so well. The only thing that I would like is to remove my telephone number in the ad.

Here is a great thing to read on this subject, wish I would have read it prior to listing; http://www.northwestclassicautomall....net_Scams.html

The reason that I knew this was a scam is he? did not ask one question about the van. He was only interested in the money, a dead give away.

Now on to thw way the selling. My reason is that when something becomes a burden it is time to move on. As I have always had at lease 66 flat nose van since 1982 this will be a new experience for me. Also when I need to hire someone to do the things that I should do, that is a bummer. As this is one of the best sites ever on the internet with folks that really care I will always come here van or no van. At the end of the rebuild I needed to hire most all things done and that takes the fun out of owning one. So take it from me please appreciate your experience with these great vans. Something like appreciate your kids when they are growing up as much of a pain it can be...LOL.

One thing is that I will be having some stuff left over from me experience and wil be posting them soon.

Love the site and all the folks here,
              "Lucky"Chucky
              "Lucky"Chucky

Comment

• joyrde
                VCVC Member
                • Jan 2002

Originally posted by luckychucky View Post
                i was surprised at the time it took for this to be discovered! The ad started in november, looked for it to be seen. Well let me tell the story behind the ad.

It seems that they are being monitored by scammers. Here is the story as i sent it to the site to tell them what went on.

hello,

just had the infamous capt amalbertini with the email address [email protected] from csds aircraft out of los angeles, ca. Contact me. Actually it was a few weeks ago, this was on 12/11/2018 by email. Told me that he had tried to contact me by phone with no success.

then we exchanged a few emails, i got a little suspicious of him because he was not interested in the vehicle. A few emails went by and i agreed a lower price just to see his next move was. We agreed upon $25k he then told the funds will be in the mail, made a small mistake of getting an address to him. When he emailed me he said that "they" made a mistake and sent 35k instead. Well then i knew i had him on the hook time to set the hook.

took the check to the bank, they ran it and found that the account was non-existent.

now came the "deal", i need to send him 10k for the scheduling of a pickup.... Yea right! Well that is when he started calling me as my number is in the ad, my mistake i guess. Upon his veiled threat i informed him that i was a retired dod employee, he did not understand what that meant lol! Actually i have 3+ years in vietnam, so well protected here.

i just do not want others to fall for this crook. By the way the"check" was mailed from macon ga, that is where a large prison is located. The envelop also looked like it came from the slammer, small and light weight. Now the check was hand written by one person looked like they do not know how to write well. The envelope my wife said was a female hand writing. If you want i can send you a copy of the check, let me know. One additional point is when i contacted the local sheriff they gave me a email address to report internet scams. Ic3.gov is the address.

finally i wish to thank you for this service doing it so well. The only thing that i would like is to remove my telephone number in the ad.

here is a great thing to read on this subject, wish i would have read it prior to listing; http://www.northwestclassicautomall....net_scams.html

the reason that i knew this was a scam is he? Did not ask one question about the van. He was only interested in the money, a dead give away.

Now on to thw way the selling. My reason is that when something becomes a burden it is time to move on. As i have always had at lease 66 flat nose van since 1982 this will be a new experience for me. Also when i need to hire someone to do the things that i should do, that is a bummer. As this is one of the best sites ever on the internet with folks that really care i will always come here van or no van. At the end of the rebuild i needed to hire most all things done and that takes the fun out of owning one. So take it from me please appreciate your experience with these great vans. Something like appreciate your kids when they are growing up as much of a pain it can be...lol.

One thing is that i will be having some stuff left over from me experience and wil be posting them soon.

Love the site and all the folks here,
                "lucky"chucky
                wow _ _ _ thanks!!!!!

Comment

• Smokey Bear
                  New Guy
                  • Sep 2018

Sorry to see it being sold

I visited Chuck this last summer and saw this beautiful van. It has been wonderfully restored and is truly a site to behold.
                  larry

Comment

Working...
                  X