Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 65 gmc handibus

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G10guy View Post
    Hi,

Am I being realistic in thinking I can find a van like this one in the $5000 price range?

Is the van below in as good condition as this one. When the thread below posted it was going for like $4800.
    http://www.vcvc.org/showthread.php/3...TION-G10-Guy!!

G10guy
    Itís fairly unlikely, in this instance, at least. This van is heavily modified for functionality. That costs a lot of money. Iíd imagine Terryís got well over $20k into the van. What you will find in the $5k range will be vans that are running and look ok, but they will not have been given this level of attention.
    1966 Chevy Display, "Southern Belle"
    1968 Chevy, "Blue Overdose"

Van Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by smiley View Post
    Itís fairly unlikely, in this instance, at least. This van is heavily modified for functionality. That costs a lot of money. Iíd imagine Terryís got well over $20k into the van. What you will find in the $5k range will be vans that are running and look ok, but they will not have been given this level of attention.
    Yeah, Iíll need to stay within my budget. $12000 is way out of my league.

thanks,
    g10guy

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having seen this van up close, don't let the primer fool you. There is a lot of top quality work on this van that even a veteran vcv fan could miss. For instance, it was 3 days before I fully grasped what was done to the dash, and having replaced mine in my 68, I know how much work it was to do this mod in a first gen.

Gregg Groff

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

1968 Chevy G20 108 panel Now with 454 power!

1965 Chevy G10 panel- OHC Pontiac inline 6

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanner68 View Post
    Having seen this van up close, don't let the primer fool you. There is a lot of top quality work on this van that even a veteran vcv fan could miss. For instance, it was 3 days before I fully grasped what was done to the dash, and having replaced mine in my 68, I know how much work it was to do this mod in a first gen.

And to add to that list of hidden mods...... Terry asked me to sit in his van (when I met him at Johnís memorial service) and see if I noticed anything special. I saw way too many modifications to pick one in particular, when he informed me that he centered the steering wheel/column to the front seat. I can imagine that took a lot of work. It has so many little upgrades like that, I couldnít even begin to list them.
    1966 Sportvan - 1963 VW Bug

User Tag List