• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gray ghost
    Van Addict
    • Oct 2007

65 gmc handibus

65 gmc handibus has 350 carbureted engine , crate motor now has 25,000 miles since install , 700r4 trans , 3.36 10 bolt posi , has aftermarket [ vintage air ] not working because i never took the time to have the system charged , custom console , 67-70 dash , sway bars front and rear , disk brake conversion , rear brakes are 11 inch upgrade , class three custom trailer hitch ,STAINLESS STEEL EXHAUST INCLUDING THE SHORTY BLOCK HUGGERS TO THE TAILTIPS , to many things to list here call me for all the particulars thanks terry 518 319 2299 12,500 or best offer
    Attached Files
    1965 GMC SUPER CUSTOM HANDIBUS
    1965 GMC 108 vanup
  • Wookee
    VCVC Member
    • Oct 2002

This one is a proven, very good long distance driver....
    Its a "van thing". A life style you have to live to understand!!!!

Comment

• G10guy
      Van Addict
      • Jun 2018

Hi,

Am I being realistic in thinking I can find a van like this one in the $5000 price range?

Is the van below in as good condition as this one. When the thread below posted it was going for like $4800.

G10guy

Comment

• G10guy
        Van Addict
        • Jun 2018

Sportvan preferred.

g10guy

Comment

• jrinaman
          VCVC Member
          • Apr 2011

Originally posted by g10guy View Post
          hi,

am i being realistic in thinking i can find a van like this one in the $5000 price range?

Is the van below in as good condition as this one. When the thread below posted it was going for like $4800.

g10guy
          not even close!!
          '64 chevy, 292 40 over, 206/526 cam, 2004r trans. 9.75:1, dual webbers, Langdon cast headers, 1.94 valves

Comment

• G10guy
            Van Addict
            • Jun 2018

Originally posted by jrinaman View Post
            not even close!!

Thanks. Wasn’t sure. I’ll be sure to stay within my price range. What condition is the sportvan compared to the gmc? Please pardon my newbie eyes.
            g10guy

Comment

• kookykrispy
              VCVC Member
              • Oct 2002

Originally posted by G10guy View Post
              Hi,

Am I being realistic in thinking I can find a van like this one in the $5000 price range?

G10guy

HAHA Good laugh

Grey ghosts van would be the best deal you can find, even at the 12,500 asking price, it is a deal!!! It has all the upgrades you would eventually want to do anyway

Terry (Grey Ghost) is about one of the best guys to do business with!! I've bought parts from him before. He's awesome.

Oh, did you see the TILT STEERING COLUMN??
              Last edited by kookykrispy; 03-15-2019, 08:52 PM.

64' wikivan 292 tripower/4 speed/2.56 posi
              '64 Red Baron no engine/trans
              '66 "Lucky" 230/3 onda tree/project.. soon to be 400SBC/200r/3.73 posi

Originally posted by Vanner68
              Remember, they're still printing money, but they aren't making any more earlies!

Comment

• jrinaman
                VCVC Member
                • Apr 2011

maybe he will post pics of the doghouse? he narrowed it to fit wider seats. I could not see where he cut and welded it, looked original! while $12,500.00 seems high for a van needing paint, it would cost more to buy everything he already installed. then install it all to his standards!
                '64 chevy, 292 40 over, 206/526 cam, 2004r trans. 9.75:1, dual webbers, Langdon cast headers, 1.94 valves

Comment

• 65dream
                  VCVC Member
                  • Jul 2001

Beautiful van .
                  Last edited by 65dream; 03-15-2019, 10:14 PM.

Comment

• xjamesx
                    VCVC Member
                    • May 2005

Terry’s van is one hell of a nicely built machine. If I wasn’t so interested in building my van with my own hands, I’d be all over this. Can’t wait to see what he replaces this with.
                    1966 Sportvan - 1963 VW Bug

Comment

• smiley
                      Administrator
                      • Apr 2000

Originally posted by G10guy View Post
                      Hi,

G10guy
                      It’s fairly unlikely, in this instance, at least. This van is heavily modified for functionality. That costs a lot of money. I’d imagine Terry’s got well over $20k into the van. What you will find in the $5k range will be vans that are running and look ok, but they will not have been given this level of attention.
                      1966 Chevy Display, "Southern Belle"
                      1968 Chevy, "Blue Overdose"

Comment

• G10guy
                        Van Addict
                        • Jun 2018

Originally posted by smiley View Post
                        It’s fairly unlikely, in this instance, at least. This van is heavily modified for functionality. That costs a lot of money. I’d imagine Terry’s got well over $20k into the van. What you will find in the $5k range will be vans that are running and look ok, but they will not have been given this level of attention.
                        Yeah, I’ll need to stay within my budget. $12000 is way out of my league.

thanks,
                        g10guy

Comment

• Vanner68
                          VCVC Charter Member
                          • May 2000

Having seen this van up close, don't let the primer fool you. There is a lot of top quality work on this van that even a veteran vcv fan could miss. For instance, it was 3 days before I fully grasped what was done to the dash, and having replaced mine in my 68, I know how much work it was to do this mod in a first gen.

Gregg Groff

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

1968 Chevy G20 108 panel Now with 454 power!

1965 Chevy G10 panel- OHC Pontiac inline 6

Comment

• xjamesx
                            VCVC Member
                            • May 2005

Originally posted by Vanner68 View Post
                            Having seen this van up close, don't let the primer fool you. There is a lot of top quality work on this van that even a veteran vcv fan could miss. For instance, it was 3 days before I fully grasped what was done to the dash, and having replaced mine in my 68, I know how much work it was to do this mod in a first gen.

And to add to that list of hidden mods...... Terry asked me to sit in his van (when I met him at John’s memorial service) and see if I noticed anything special. I saw way too many modifications to pick one in particular, when he informed me that he centered the steering wheel/column to the front seat. I can imagine that took a lot of work. It has so many little upgrades like that, I couldn’t even begin to list them.
                            1966 Sportvan - 1963 VW Bug

Comment

Working...
                            X