Yes hi Greg ! Bill
    1966 Chevy G10 Panel, 283 small block/turbo 350,Disc brakes

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

Nice to hear from you again Greg...
    Its a "van thing". A life style you have to live to understand!!!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

On my PC this post is now two pages long.
    Not sure how many page on a smart phone user.
    For the old school PC users I will put this very good picture on the 2nd page.
    To give guys thinking about this conversion a picture of this very clean set up.

Its a "van thing". A life style you have to live to understand!!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anybody had issues with the disc brakes without a dust shield? I'm still tinkering with G20 discs and wondering if I should bother with it.

(Spoiler alert: While progress is slow, there is progress. I have now discovered about a dozen ways that do not work well, biggest issue is getting the caliper properly centered on the rotor AND clearing the sway bar and shock. Custom made hoses will be required for certain. I am trying to do this using all flat plate and spacers as I do not have access to machinery to put the nice bend in plate steel like Michel's brackets have.)
    Gregg Groff

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

1968 Chevy G20 108 panel Now with 454 power!

1965 Chevy G10 panel- OHC Pontiac inline 6

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanner68 View Post
    Has anybody had issues with the disc brakes without a dust shield? I'm still tinkering with G20 discs and wondering if I should bother with it.

(Spoiler alert: While progress is slow, there is progress. I have now discovered about a dozen ways that do not work well, biggest issue is getting the caliper properly centered on the rotor AND clearing the sway bar and shock. Custom made hoses will be required for certain. I am trying to do this using all flat plate and spacers as I do not have access to machinery to put the nice bend in plate steel like Michel's brackets have.)
    i dirve mine on a daily baisis, and have seen no adverse affects of not haveing and shields.
    54 chevy panel truck 355 tpi 700r4 325/9in
    64 chevy 90 5.7 tpi 700r4 336 8.2
    69 chevy panel van 5.7 tbi 700r4 336 8.2

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Front Disc brakes 2019

Front DiscBrakes2019

Misinformation: I have heard some people are being told these brackets are no longer available which simply is not true.

Yes there are a limited number of sets available. Is your Van telling you its time for this upgrade?

If you just have questions or want more information pleaseEmail me at m1dadio@gmail.com I am happy to help with your questions.

If you are new to Vanning or the idea of disc brakes and want or need to learn more about this disc brake set up; you can use the search feature above and search "discbrakes2014" , Front discbrakes 2015 and/or "Discbrakes" , wheel fit, ect. You will find tons of information from the many vanners .

M1D80TA on my 2nd gen

You need to consider your wheels when changing to disc brakes. These photos are GM 15 X 7 factory rims with 3.75" offset they fit with a country mile of clearance. YES;Most modern 14" wheels will fit, others will fit with a little grinding off the calipers. Many older 14s (pre 1974 drum brake) will not fit onto this disc brake set up.

Thank you
    M1D
    Last edited by m1dadio; 11-16-2019 at 12:32 PM.
    Don't ask me!! I'm still stuck on "who am I?" and "What do I want?"

1965 G10 all window "ChevyVan" with 1988 305 Tuned port injection V8, 700R4, 1980 10 bolt posi.
    1968 G10 "sportVan Custom" under construction.

User Tag List