Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1st Gen seats

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put 2005 Audi seats in my van... 19.5"
    Still tight on passenger side which is a bit slimmer. A little extra room would have been nice.
    I had original low back seats... changed them for more support and comfort.
    Jacke

1964 GMC Handi-Van Custom 350
    1971 Ford Mustang 302
    1957 Karman Ghia Project

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used seats from a 2000 Honda Civic DX model in my 66. Had lumbar adjust for driver side, which help with my back problems. Still a bit tight on the passenger side but works. One benefit was that the seat belt receiver is mounted to the seats. So I grabbed the seat belt assemblies from the car as well and installed them in the van. I put Wet Okole seat covers on them and they look great. They are available with matching or contrasting piping, and black with the orange piping look sweet. However the seat covers are wet suit material at about 1/4" thick so made the passenger side tighter still. Still works great and I'm happy with the install. My wife appreciates the seat belts.

Had to modify underneath to mount them. Can offer how I did it if someone uses the same seats. Got them right down on top of the wheel wells. They sit a bit higher than the original seat, works OK for me at 5-10 tall. My buddy is about 6-4 and his hair rubs the shag carpet over the cab ceiling, but fits. Hope that helps.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Driver seat.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	39714Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Passenger Seat.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	36.5 KB 
ID:	39715Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Seat Belt assembly in wall.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	28.9 KB 
ID:	39716Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Seat mount to dog house.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	28.1 KB 
ID:	39713

New Guy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Found some MGB seats in good condition and at 18.5" wide they should fit with room to spare. I really like the shape of the seat and they are fully adjustable.
    Next order of business is does anyone have a recommendation for a good auto upholsterer in San Diego they highly recommend?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9765.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	30.3 KB 
ID:	40135

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bhwalker0925 View Post
    Found some MGB seats in good condition and at 18.5" wide they should fit with room to spare. I really like the shape of the seat and they are fully adjustable.
    Next order of business is does anyone have a recommendation for a good auto upholsterer in San Diego they highly recommend?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9765.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	30.3 KB 
ID:	40135
    Any upholstery place in San Diego is going to be big $$$. What about heading down to Tiajuana? I always heard that you could get upholstery done there for cheap.. like for 1/3 or 1/4 what they charge at a typical SoCal shop

64' wikivan 230/4 onda tree/2.56 posi
    '64 Red Baron no engine/trans
    '66 "Lucky" 230/3 onda tree/project
    '67 108" G10 "high roller" 350/th350 12 bolt rear, 31" tires

Quote Originally Posted by Vanner68 View Post
    Remember, they're still printing money, but they aren't making any more earlies!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Many manufacturers make custom model and seat specific covers that fit like a glove. Those Wet OKole I mentioned were about $375 delivered including the piping and full map/gear pockets option/upgrade on the backs of both. They fit like they are original and installed pretty dang easy compared to others I have had in the past.

User Tag List