Thread: Would Jeep Cherokee seats work in a 1st Gen ? See Pic.

Van Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would Jeep Cherokee seats work in a 1st Gen ? See Pic.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    jeep cherokee sport seats work well...not as fancy as the cherokee seats, but they fit well.
    68 108 panel parts donor
    69 108 sportvan deluxe 350 4bbl 700R4 3:36 posi
    68 108 sportvan custom 350 4bbl 700R4

Van Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Groovy !! Thanks for the info.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you've only got about 19" of width on the passenger side, so since those seats look narrow, should work. I'm using Chevette seats, shows you how old I am.
    LARRY OF THE PACIFIC NW
    1965, 292, TH350
    purchased Nov. 22, 1970

Van Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lvjjj View Post
    you've only got about 19" of width on the passenger side, so since those seats look narrow, should work. I'm using Chevette seats, shows you how old I am.
    My 1st car was an 84 Chevette. wasn't the greatest car I ever had, but good for what it was. Between it and a 76 Chevy 1 ton flatbed farm truck, I learned to drive a manual tranny. And had fun too.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I owned '78 four door HO four speed Chevette, twice. In 1978, When we found out we were pregnant with child #2 , we decided to downsize from a '77 Plymouth Volare station wagon (that was a great car) and order a new Chevette, always liked the looks of them. However, turns out child #2 was #2 and #3 so that meant 3 kids in the tiny back seat. So took delivery but sold it soon after. Found a pristine 1965 Nova 4 door, that was a great car too.

Fast forward 15 years or so, we decided we wanted a Chevette again to save money on gas and bingo, we found that the '78 was for sale in town so we bought it, again. The owners had kept it in great condition so drove that for a while. That's why I knew Chevette seats would work in the van.

(Yes there was an HO version of the Chevette. It had split exhaust and a two barrel carb (I think). It definitely was peppy and ran good and got 25 mpg).

Also had a '72 Vega Kammback wagon, loved it. To the people who bad mouth Chevette's and Vega's, shut up.
    LARRY OF THE PACIFIC NW
    1965, 292, TH350
    purchased Nov. 22, 1970

Certifiable Vanatic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lvjjj View Post
    Also had a '72 Vega Kammback wagon, loved it. To the people who bad mouth Chevette's and Vega's, shut up.
    Ha! That's funny. I always wanted a Kamback Vega wagon, still search for them now and then on CL and eBay. Most Vega's seem to be trashed V8 race cars.

The Volare was great? Wasn't that the dreaded K Car era?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope, the Volare and Aspen (Dodge) cars, '76 to '80 were before the K car, '81 til ???. Our Volare wagon had the big slant 6 which was a great motor, was silver with a burgundy interior, rally wheels, quite beautiful. I think it had a four speed stick shift. The K cars started in '81 and my mother-in-law had a two door. She drove 10 mph all the time so had to go out and blow out the carb all the time. We bought an '83 2 door sedan Dodge Aries and it actually a good car too, stick shift on the floor. I guess you had to be there. The later ones had fuel injection which was a lot better than the carb versions. These Chryslers were better at the time than the GM Front wheel drives like the Citation.

AND, throughout all this time, the van just soldiered on, never failing, running better than all the new ones. Another really great car we had was a '62 Nova Wagon, 194 powerglide, wish I had it back, like the van it was so simple to work on and ran great, and carried a lot of stuff.

Oh, and when we got married in the summer of '69, we had a '67 Camaro. Bought the early in 1970 so its been with us for 49 years.

Sorry to ramble on, you got me started, sure miss those old cars.
    LARRY OF THE PACIFIC NW
    1965, 292, TH350
    purchased Nov. 22, 1970

User Tag List