Thread: Parting 69 108 update

New Guy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Parting 69 108 update

Not sure if the first post went through, here it is again.

I'm in the process of collecting parts to restore our 69 108 G10 our family bought new, and have acquired two additional 69s, one of which I'm parting now. It's a 69 G20, no window side door with six cyl, supposedly blown. Has 3 spd OD trans which is not original, but appears to be a good unit. What I really need for mine is a good rust free windshield frame and lower valance, but this one is pretty rusty in the areas I need. The doors are a little soft on the bottom, but could be saved. Window mechanisms are worn like all are. I'm considering keeping the 12 bolt rear and changing our G10 to 6 lug all around with the big front brakes, but if someone has a good posi 3:08 10 bolt 5 lug, I would be interested. Or a pair of 12 bolt 5 lug axles...

I just cut out the dog house, let me know what else you might need. It will be going to the scrapper soon. Probably will cut off the nose just to have it.

The other 69 G10 is a shorty no side door, with a V-8 AT conversion. Not ready to part out yet, and really don't want to since it's a pretty rare one, but the sheet metal is rust free on the front. Is there anyone who has the pieces I need before I go and cut it up?

Also I acquired some parts and have a complete 4spd conversion to sell. I think it has all the parts, the guy swapped it all out for an auto. He says the trans worked great when removed.

Other misc: early and late powerglides, not sure on condition. Low back seats, not orig, need recovered. Engine shield, rough but can be fixed.

I'm in Washington, and not really into shipping stuff unless it's small. I'll be posting this on Seattle CL soon. Calling is the best way to reach me, not much into txt or IM tho will do my best to respond. If there's pics of anything you need, please let me know.

Thanks, Rick

2 five 3-seven 0 nine-five 6 one 6

Also looking for a radio delete plate...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sounds pretty cool.

Post up pics of both your vans!!

Where in WA state are you?

I used to live in Tacoma

64' wikivan 230/4 onda tree/2.56 posi
    '64 Red Baron no engine/trans
    '66 "Lucky" 230/3 onda tree/project
    '67 108" G10 "high roller" 350/th350 12 bolt rear, 31" tires

Quote Originally Posted by Vanner68 View Post
    Remember, they're still printing money, but they aren't making any more earlies!

New Guy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So will attempt some pics here. If not, please search CL Seattle for 69 Chevy van. I'm in Auburn, between Seattle and Tacoma.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC09783.jpg   DSC09781.jpg   DSC09792.jpg   DSC09796.jpg  

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    very cool. Those side doors look great. Wish I was up in WA still.

64' wikivan 230/4 onda tree/2.56 posi
    '64 Red Baron no engine/trans
    '66 "Lucky" 230/3 onda tree/project
    '67 108" G10 "high roller" 350/th350 12 bolt rear, 31" tires

Quote Originally Posted by Vanner68 View Post
    Remember, they're still printing money, but they aren't making any more earlies!

New Guy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So here is a few pics. The blue 69 shorty is the first parts van I bought. The green 69 is Dads, we bought it in May 5 of 1969. Sold in the 90's, just bought it back off CL, May 5 of 2019, 50 years to the day!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails old blue1.jpg   Dad1.jpg  

New Guy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Parting update update

Just sold the 3 spd OD trans, still have most everything else. Will be headed to the scrapper next week. Thanks for all your inquires!

Certifiable Vanatic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebster View Post
    I'm considering keeping the 12 bolt rear and changing our G10 to 6 lug all around with the big front brakes,
    A word of caution - replacement drums for the big six lug G20 are not available anywhere, so if yours are worn, shops won't turn them. And so far, there doesn't seem to be anyone making a disc brake conversion kit for the G20 axle/hubs.

New Guy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

G20 Drums

Quote Originally Posted by VanSandy View Post
    A word of caution - replacement drums for the big six lug G20 are not available anywhere, so if yours are worn, shops won't turn them. And so far, there doesn't seem to be anyone making a disc brake conversion kit for the G20 axle/hubs.
    Thanks for the heads up. I did measure them all, and they have at least one turn left at 11.035". So these are not the same as truck or Blazer?

New Guy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I need a few pieces

I really need all exterior cargo handles. I also need rear quarter panels.

Certifiable Vanatic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebster View Post
    So these are not the same as truck or Blazer?
    Unfortunately not.

User Tag List