Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: front spring issues '67 g10

  1. #1
    New Guy
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Costa mesa, California
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    front spring issues '67 g10

    Hi all,

    I've tried to find a thread relating to this but haven't had much luck as of yet. So the issue is that a previous owner of my van lowered it and then proceeded to bash the front-most spring mounts into everything looks like. We've tried heating them and pulling them back into place but even with oxyacetylene we've made less than an inch of progress. The question is this: does anyone out there reproduce the front spring mounts that are part of the frame or am i better off having someone fabricate something?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1837.jpg   IMG_1836.jpg  

  2. #2
    VCVC Member kookykrispy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Helendale, CA
    Posts
    8,426
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    WELCOME to VCVC!!!

    Welcome to VCVC!

    Nobody makes that part. Your best bet is fabricating or if you can find someone parting out a 2nd gen (67-70) van

    Great to see another SoCal vanner on here!

    We need to network and get more earlies to all the eVANts!!!


    Hopefully you can get this repaired

    I can't help on the spring mounts, but I have a spare set of front springs if you are in need of springs, let me know via PM or email russelljoew@yahoo.com.



    64' wikivan 230/4 onda tree/2.56 posi
    '64 Red Baron no engine/trans
    '66 "Lucky" 230/3 onda tree/project

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanner68 View Post
    Remember, they're still printing money, but they aren't making any more earlies!

  3. #3
    New Guy
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Costa mesa, California
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the warm welcome!

    Thus far i haven't seen an overwhelming amount of 2nd gens getting parted out around here, so i suppose it's time to cut those things off and get to fabbing something up. Good to have a definitive answer though. It's my first American van so i'm still learning the ropes a bit, but it didn't seem like anyone else would save it so here i am.

    i think i'm good on springs, had Deaver make me some that in theory should keep it riding a bit lower but riding right. if they don't work out i'll certainly let you know.

  4. #4
    VCVC Member kookykrispy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Helendale, CA
    Posts
    8,426
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a guy on instagram named "jacksvanjunk" in Whittier, offering parts off a '68. If you have instagram, go find him and hit him up on there for the spring pockets you need!! Or you might just have him tell you where this van is at

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-07-22 at 5_24_17 PM.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	33.2 KB 
ID:	39986



    64' wikivan 230/4 onda tree/2.56 posi
    '64 Red Baron no engine/trans
    '66 "Lucky" 230/3 onda tree/project

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanner68 View Post
    Remember, they're still printing money, but they aren't making any more earlies!

  5. #5
    Certifiable Vanatic Leroy Jackson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    514
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where about in Costa mesa are you? I used to live and work over near john Wayne airport.

    Deaver is the spring shop over in anehiem..red building if I Remember right. Nobody has the factory style springs, you may end up getting non tapered springs and would need extra spacers and it all would need to be custom work.

    I would definitely get those perches fixed before putting any serious miles on your van.
    The Raped Ape
    1970 G-20 Krylon black
    Swing up cargo doors
    Supercharged 383
    4L80E transmission
    Detroit trutrac rear limited slip

  6. #6
    New Guy
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Costa mesa, California
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jackson View Post
    Where about in Costa mesa are you? I used to live and work over near john Wayne airport.

    Deaver is the spring shop over in anehiem..red building if I Remember right. Nobody has the factory style springs, you may end up getting non tapered springs and would need extra spacers and it all would need to be custom work.

    I would definitely get those perches fixed before putting any serious miles on your van.


    I had heard Deaver was the best in the area from a few people so that's exactly where i went. Just like you said, non-tapered springs and full custom but they worked with me on what i wanted and they did it for relatively cheap too. I'm pretty excited to get the springs under there and see how the van sits.

  7. #7
    Van Addict Freakytikitv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    San Rafael ca
    Posts
    81
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by kookykrispy View Post
    There is a guy on instagram named "jacksvanjunk" in Whittier, offering parts off a '68. If you have instagram, go find him and hit him up on there for the spring pockets you need!! Or you might just have him tell you where this van is at



    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-07-22 at 5_24_17 PM.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	33.2 KB 
ID:	39986

    Jack is a good guy fast shipping.

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •