Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: nice '65 display $5500

New Guy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just drove it home

I found this site a couple of days ago after negotiating a price on this very van. Picked up today and drove it 300 miles home. First van since a VW back in the 80's. I can't wait to get started on fixing it up. My Wife and I own a bakery and we plan to spend the winter stripping it down and prepping for a wrap in the spring. Also, need to add seat belts, mirrors among other things.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Batlou View Post
    I found this site a couple of days ago after negotiating a price on this very van. Picked up today and drove it 300 miles home. First van since a VW back in the 80's. I can't wait to get started on fixing it up. My Wife and I own a bakery and we plan to spend the winter stripping it down and prepping for a wrap in the spring. Also, need to add seat belts, mirrors among other things.
    Welcome! This is definitely the best place to be for anything related to Early Chevy Vans! Post plenty of pics and the parts list you need.
    1966 Sportvan - 1963 VW Bug

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to VCVC!! Congrats on your purchase. Sounds like a great project and adventure. That seemed like a great deal for the price, especially if it drove 300 miles with no issue

64' wikivan 230/4 onda tree/2.56 posi
    '64 Red Baron no engine/trans
    '66 "Lucky" 230/3 onda tree/project

Quote Originally Posted by Vanner68 View Post
    Remember, they're still printing money, but they aren't making any more earlies!

VCVC Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

'66 display

Welcome aboard. Agree with the others nice choice on the van - Verifing you bought the '66 shown in post #1

I also have a display van.

Take Care
    Gary
    Gary
    1965 Display

New Guy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, I know I am going to need mirrors ASAP. Sticking my head out of the window to change lanes was pretty sketchy. Fixing the linkage will also need to be done right away. I am guessing it is a little more complex than a typical setup being that the axel is behind the steering column. Talked the guy down to $4500 but he would not let me have the futon or the Coors lamp for that price. Hah.

VCVC Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1966 Display

For an FYI - There is a robust thread on "Side Mirrors":
    http://www.vcvc.org/showthread.php/31004-Side-Mirrors

Some linkage bushings etc:
    http://www.vcvc.org/album.php?albumid=136
    Gary
    1965 Display

VCVC Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats that van looks good..good price and cool was close but a drive home

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on the sweet display van.....great start.

User Tag List