Thread: Bumper chroming

Van Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bumper chroming

Got my hands on front and rear bumpers for a first gen (Thanks Derrick!).

Considering getting them chromed and was wondering if anyone had worked with a good shop that straightens and chromes bumpers?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by madillow View Post
    Got my hands on front and rear bumpers for a first gen (Thanks Derrick!).

Considering getting them chromed and was wondering if anyone had worked with a good shop that straightens and chromes bumpers?
    I've got a guy over in Baton Rouge that does great work. You can reach him through www.thechromeman.com
    1966 Chevy Display, "Southern Belle"
    1968 Chevy, "Blue Overdose"

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had two pairs of bumpers and several 1st gen headlight rings re-done by "The Bumper Shop" in Los Angeles. Carlos 323-585-3865. Good work at reasonable prices. He travels to major car shows and swap meets, so sometimes you can meet him to drop off and pick up and save on shipping. He may come through Albuquerque some time? Also, he usually would give a discount for paying cash

64' wikivan 230/4 onda tree/2.56 posi
    '64 Red Baron no engine/trans
    '66 "Lucky" 230/3 onda tree/project

Quote Originally Posted by Vanner68 View Post
    Remember, they're still printing money, but they aren't making any more earlies!

Van Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kookykrispy View Post
    I have had two pairs of bumpers and several 1st gen headlight rings re-done by "The Bumper Shop" in Los Angeles. Carlos 323-585-3865. Good work at reasonable prices. He travels to major car shows and swap meets, so sometimes you can meet him to drop off and pick up and save on shipping. He may come through Albuquerque some time? Also, he usually would give a discount for paying cash

How long has it been? I think I tried contacting them last year and had no luck. I will try again! Thx!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by madillow View Post
    How long has it been? I think I tried contacting them last year and had no luck. I will try again! Thx!
    I talked to Carlos today at that number. He says he is still in business. They no longer have a website, and have also moved part of their operation to Pomona. He says he is doing everything he can to comply with CA's regulations, which is why he had to move, but YES he is still chroming!!

64' wikivan 230/4 onda tree/2.56 posi
    '64 Red Baron no engine/trans
    '66 "Lucky" 230/3 onda tree/project

Quote Originally Posted by Vanner68 View Post
    Remember, they're still printing money, but they aren't making any more earlies!

New Guy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re chrome bumpers

I had 2 stock bumper streighted and triple plated chrome. Cost was around 800.00. Located in Santa Ana Ca. Chromadora Inc. 2515 S Birch St. 714-265-7535. It dosent matter how bent they are its how pitted they are.

User Tag List