Thread: Back from the dust bin of history

VCVC Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Back from the dust bin of history

Hello all…

Just went through some problems and have been away from the fold. Had some minor health problems a while back that was followed by two deaths. One was in my extended family and the other was a long time friend. This friend, Don Picken owned the place where I first saw the 66 Sportvan. So needed some tome to get back to the World as I am not getting any younger. Will turn 81 this month.

After all that happened in a short time I just needed to touch my 66. The visit was all the inspiration to get back to sanity. It was magic when I visited her and it did not take long to see what was needed to do. After all there is always something that needs to be done. These vans are addictive as my addiction started in 1982 or so.

Here is what happened; A while ago I went to the pay by mile type insurance that cut the bill in half. But the downside is that after doing this I realized that the Pay By Mile only cover the liability on my 2007 truck as it has a confuser interface to keep track of the mileage. Had great coverage for the truck but will not cover the liability part if in an accident with the van. This is when I realized that she really needs to go to a new home and made the decision to get her re-homed. One of the reasons was economical insurance.

Will post here when it is going on eBay or another auction. Would love to see her go to a person that will take good care of her like the folks here. This will happen sooner rather than later because need to get it over with. My love for these great trucks combined with Simleys’ great site he created.

Now I will get back to finding new homes for the parts that I left in the lurch a while back. I apologize for the delay. So look for new posts for the parts, as I will be re-listing them today.

Thank you all for all your love for out fellow vanners and the folks who are taking care of them.

Love for all,
    “Lucky”Chucky
    "Lucky"Chucky

VCVC Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey .glad to have u back posting..sorry about your friend and ext.family member. Losing people u care about really is tough..I still have fond memories when I met you yo at Shasta when you and me and high diver hung out..and then the whole group of us hanging out a night.. I talked about ur beautiful van toowhen I got back home..take care .frank

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Chuck!

Really glad to read the update from you. I still have the '66 you sold me. I call it the "Lucky" '66, because I got it from you! I brought it down to CA with me when I moved here from WA. It runs and drives with the old inline 6 and 3 speed, but right now I'm using it mostly for storage. I installed a 12 bolt 3.73 posi rearend, and rebuilt the stock brakes (Will do a front disc conversion eventually). I built up a nice 400 small block v8 for it, and have been slowly collecting parts for the v8 swap. I have pretty much most of what I need now, and when I do the v8 swap, I'll use a 2nd gen doghouse, and also install a 200-4r trans with the auto shifter. Here's a pic of the van back in WA state before we moved. No more snow here in CA! I added the ultra cool and rare ET Mags and BFG tires. They seemed to look just right on this van.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00130.JPG 
Views:	72 
Size:	58.2 KB 
ID:	40339
    Last edited by kookykrispy; 09-04-2019 at 12:21 PM.

64' wikivan 230/4 onda tree/2.56 posi
    '64 Red Baron no engine/trans
    '66 "Lucky" 230/3 onda tree/project

Quote Originally Posted by Vanner68 View Post
    Remember, they're still printing money, but they aren't making any more earlies!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sir! Good to hear youre back.
    If you would please post pics here before Craigs or Epay.
    Theres a certain vanner on here...been looking for a while...wants a sportvan...

G10GUY! Are you ready??
    Mike

VCVC Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome Back Friend

Lucky
    I was becoming concerned. So good to hear from you my friend. Sorry to hear of your losses, my condolences. The VCV medicine most helps those that love these ole gals with a passion. Having seen your van, I clearly reflects the passion you have for Vintage Chevy Vans. It's an honor to have you as a member.
    Thank you.
    Mark
    1969 Chevy Panel, 250 CID, 3 Spd.with OD, 3.36 "WedgieVan" Daily Driver
    1967 Chevy Panel, 230 CID, 3 Spd. 3.36 "UtiliVan" 292 TFI coming. Owned since 76
    1964 GMC Panel, 194 CID, 3 Spd. "CrunchoVan"
    1965 GMC HandiBus Custom, 194 CID, 3 Spd. "MilkVan" Seized Engine
    1965 Chevy Panel 350 CID, 3 Spd. "RustoRoof" Runs but wiring bad
    1969 Chevy 108 Display 307 CID THM 350 Power Brakes 3.73 Posi
    1965 Chevy Panel, V8, 3 Spd. "Gold Hills Van" Best body of my 65s
    1965 CamperVan, V8, 3 Spd.

VCVC Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Getting ready...

Quote Originally Posted by van-itti View Post
    Sir! Good to hear youre back.
    If you would please post pics here before Craigs or Epay.
    Theres a certain vanner on here...been looking for a while...wants a sportvan...

G10GUY! Are you ready??
    Thank you for your reply. Yes I intend to post the pictures here prior to any other move. As I would love to see her go to one of us as I then know she will be taken care of. It will happen in short while as I cannot drive her because of the insurgence problem. These vans do need to exercise or they will get lazy and fat.

"Lucky"Chucky
    "Lucky"Chucky

VCVC Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by 108VanGuy View Post
    Lucky
    I was becoming concerned. So good to hear from you my friend. Sorry to hear of your losses, my condolences. The VCV medicine most helps those that love these ole gals with a passion. Having seen your van, I clearly reflects the passion you have for Vintage Chevy Vans. It's an honor to have you as a member.
    Thank you.
    Mark
    Hi Mark,
    This getting old is sometimes not fun but it is life here on this globe. I will keep everybody posted about the near future as I have another part in the works that sometimes is requested here. That is some rear seat hold down clamps. Have a design that can be made for not too much $$$$$'s. Have a quote from my source that does not look bad but I am attempting to bring the cost down somewhat. More later on that. Also I have made some additional plates that was required for the new seat position. Kept the orgional ones and added four. The new ones will be changed some to accommodate the carpeting.
    "Lucky"Chucky
    "Lucky"Chucky

VCVC Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Thanks Kooky...

Quote Originally Posted by kookykrispy View Post
    Hi Chuck!

Really glad to read the update from you. I still have the '66 you sold me. I call it the "Lucky" '66, because I got it from you! I brought it down to CA with me when I moved here from WA. It runs and drives with the old inline 6 and 3 speed, but right now I'm using it mostly for storage. I installed a 12 bolt 3.73 posi rearend, and rebuilt the stock brakes (Will do a front disc conversion eventually). I built up a nice 400 small block v8 for it, and have been slowly collecting parts for the v8 swap. I have pretty much most of what I need now, and when I do the v8 swap, I'll use a 2nd gen doghouse, and also install a 200-4r trans with the auto shifter. Here's a pic of the van back in WA state before we moved. No more snow here in CA! I added the ultra cool and rare ET Mags and BFG tires. They seemed to look just right on this van.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00130.JPG 
Views:	72 
Size:	58.2 KB 
ID:	40339
    It is great to see my first love setting proud on the new wheels and rims. She served my well since 1983 when I rescued her form a scrap yard. From the potential remelting and returning as a Toyota to a icon that she is. Happy to see that the old six banger is still running. Looking forward to see that new drive train will do.
    "Lucky"Chucly
    "Lucky"Chucky

User Tag List