Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: In search of larger side mirrors for my 69 sv 108 Camper (Iowa)

  1. #1
    New Guy
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    In search of larger side mirrors for my 69 sv 108 Camper (Iowa)

    Looking to replace my tiny stock round mirrors for my 69 SV Camper. I can't see anything, but at least they look sleek...
    Would like to use same bolt locations if possible?
    Any ideas would be appreciated. Do's and Dont's are welcome!
    Thanks guys!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	front view.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	112.7 KB 
ID:	40539
    69 SportVan 108 Camp Wagon/Travel Cruiser

  2. #2
    Certifiable Vanatic
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    851
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 108 had the same brackets and goose neck but the mirrors were larger and rectangular. I think you can bolt in many other larger mirrors, just Google truck mirrors or on the eBay for ideas.

    These are 5x7:

    https://www.amazon.com/Fit-System-RH...SYSDP2D3ZAWAR8


    I really want to rig up a back up camera on my van one of these days.

  3. #3
    New Guy
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    :(

    I've seen those, but is there a "camper style" that fits a late 60' second gen style chassis?


    Quote Originally Posted by VanSandy View Post
    My 108 had the same brackets and goose neck but the mirrors were larger and rectangular. I think you can bolt in many other larger mirrors, just Google truck mirrors or on the eBay for ideas.

    These are 5x7:

    https://www.amazon.com/Fit-System-RH...SYSDP2D3ZAWAR8


    I really want to rig up a back up camera on my van one of these days.
    69 SportVan 108 Camp Wagon/Travel Cruiser

  4. #4
    VCVC Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Kingwood Texas
    Posts
    776
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    In search of larger side mirrors for my 69 sv 108 Camper (Iowa)

    For ref see the mirrors as shown in post #4
    http://www.vcvc.org/showthread.php/3...ght=west+coast
    Gary
    1965 Display

  5. #5
    VCVC Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Sacramento, Ca,USA
    Posts
    2,613
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Welcome

    Welcome Steven.Novy..
    108VanGuy...
    1969 Chevy Panel, 250 CID, 3 Spd.with OD, 3.36 "WedgieVan" Daily Driver
    1967 Chevy Panel, 230 CID, 3 Spd. 3.36 "UtiliVan" 292 TFI coming. Owned since 76
    1964 GMC Panel, 194 CID, 3 Spd. "CrunchoVan"
    1965 GMC HandiBus Custom, 194 CID, 3 Spd. "MilkVan" Seized Engine
    1965 Chevy Panel 350 CID, 3 Spd. "RustoRoof" Runs but wiring bad
    1969 Chevy 108 Display 307 CID THM 350 Power Brakes 3.73 Posi
    1965 Chevy Panel, V8, 3 Spd. "Gold Hills Van" Best body of my 65s
    1965 CamperVan, V8, 3 Spd.

  6. #6
    New Guy
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thanks!

    Quote Originally Posted by gfleduc View Post
    For ref see the mirrors as shown in post #4
    http://www.vcvc.org/showthread.php/3...ght=west+coast
    Excellent info! Now where can I find some for sale??
    There's a Vanner get together next weekend in Colfax IA. Hopefully I can find a pair there.
    69 SportVan 108 Camp Wagon/Travel Cruiser

  7. #7
    Van Addict doc yukon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Norfolk NE.
    Posts
    42
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    mirrors

    I Will be at Colfax next weekend. Will bring along a set of mirrors for you. will need a complete cleaning and repaint. am looking forward t seeing your camper. I dont think that I will be diving my 68 4x4 See you at HOAVC. DOC said that.

  8. #8
    New Guy
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Doc!

    Quote Originally Posted by doc yukon View Post
    I Will be at Colfax next weekend. Will bring along a set of mirrors for you. will need a complete cleaning and repaint. am looking forward t seeing your camper. I dont think that I will be diving my 68 4x4 See you at HOAVC. DOC said that.

    Looking forward to meeting you Doc!
    69 SportVan 108 Camp Wagon/Travel Cruiser

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •